/font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121When I was about 10, we used to waste our breath by calling the local rock FM station to request Kiss songs, none of which they ever played. For as popular as they were in the 70s, Kiss didn't get much mainstream radio love in Stevens Point WI. Surprising that the AM stations were rocking the Sweet and Jim Croce, thank God!
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121I don't know if you got WLS (on the AM) in nearby Chicago, but Kiss was a staple of that station back in the '70s...matter of fact, to this day the only time I heard them on the radio was on The Big 89...
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Probably at night, but I was pretty locally inclined back in the 70s, at least with the radio. I did however watch Horror Hosts out of Green Bay and Madison, as well as Ray Rainer(sp?) every morning on WGN! Clutch Cargo, Flash Gordon and Bugs Bunny/WB cartoons for days! I guess kids today have Dora the explorer and shit, but I am glad I grew up being able to catch Flash Gordon and the Three Stooges before having to get my ass to school every morning. Kept me sane.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121When I was about 10, we used to waste our breath by calling the local rock FM station to request Kiss songs, none of which they ever played. For as popular as they were in the 70s, Kiss didn't get much mainstream radio love in Stevens Point WI. Surprising that the AM stations were rocking the Sweet and Jim Croce, thank God!
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121I don't know if you got WLS (on the AM) in nearby Chicago, but Kiss was a staple of that station back in the '70s...matter of fact, to this day the only time I heard them on the radio was on The Big 89...
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Probably at night, but I was pretty locally inclined back in the 70s, at least with the radio. I did however watch Horror Hosts out of Green Bay and Madison, as well as Ray Rainer(sp?) every morning on WGN! Clutch Cargo, Flash Gordon and Bugs Bunny/WB cartoons for days!
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121It was Ray Rayner. WGN used to show those WB cartoons every chance they got...kinda figures that when WB started a television network, 'GN was the Chicago affiliate.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Roll in My Sweet Baby's Arms - Doc Watson

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The first one I honestly remember going crazy over was Prince Charming - Adam & The Ants. I got my parents to get me the Adam & The Ants pencil case set for my first day at primary school.