What to do after getting fucked over on ebay

young_creamyoung_cream 540 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
Someone I know won an auction on ebay for $2,000, paid through paypal, and had the box arrive to him filled with blank sheets of paper. The person who sent it lives in Brooklyn yet drove 160 miles to PA to send the package, and hasn;t responded to anything. He's reported it with the FBI and some other police shit, just wondering how he should go about filing this with paypal or if anyone has a similar experience happen to them and how they went about it.b,121b,121thx

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Paypal chargeback. Item not as described. Seller = Fucked

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Paypal chargeback. Item not as described. Seller = Fucked
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Word. And frankly, I'm a little surprised the seller didn't at least have the common courtesy to write "You're Beat" or some such on at least one of the blank sheets of paper.b,121b,121b/w Your avatar goes well with this post.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Don't think you're friend has much to worry about.b,121Should be covered by Paypal.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    the paypal chargeback didn't work for me. i had to prove that the record was broke when/before i got it. the seller claimed he offered a chargeback to me upon returning the record. he never really told me that. i never got my money back. paypal sucks!!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Unless he paid with funds already in his paypal account I would think going through the credit card company or bank he uses would be the best way to file a claim.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Most people just register & rant about it on the eBay forums waxidermy.com