Beginning of the Week digs

2»

Comments

• groove70sgroove70s 168 Posts
    week's only half over... not bad.

What does the Johnny Lewist Quartet LP sound like?

this was reissued by Luv'n'Haight in 1998

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    it's pretty sick, if you ever heard that wheedle's groove comp, they have a great version of cissy strut on there[/b] . seattle private press gold.

actually the Cissy Strut song isn't on the original vinyl. could it be that you bought yourself some reissues, son?
    nope, like i said... there's a great version of cissy strut on the wheedle's groove compilation, remember?

• hey rod, turn on your pms, i gotta ask u sumthin.

They're on now.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    it's pretty sick, if you ever heard that wheedle's groove comp, they have a great version of cissy strut on there[/b] . seattle private press gold.

actually the Cissy Strut song isn't on the original vinyl. could it be that you bought yourself some reissues, son?
    nope, like i said... there's a great version of cissy strut on the wheedle's groove compilation, remember?

yeah I had the OG for a while but was pretty dissapointed when the 2 track I liked the best were not on the OG. Luv n Haight added "Cissy Strut" & Them Changes" on the reish

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    week's only half over... not bad.

What does the Johnny Lewist Quartet LP sound like?

Whats the Gene Siegel Orchestra like ? supposed to be some kinda hapsicord psych jazz ?... funky ?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Whats the Gene Siegel Orchestra like ? supposed to be some kinda hapsicord psych jazz ?... funky ?

That Gene Siegel is on the Los Angeles based Pzzazz label, I've seen a few copies but I dno't remember listening to it, if I did I must've not liked it cause I woulda picked it up otherwise.

Sorry I know that wasn't the info you wanted but I figured its better than nothing.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

That Gene Siegel is on the Los Angeles based Pzzazz label, I've seen a few copies but I dno't remember listening to it, if I did I must've not liked it cause I woulda picked it up otherwise.

Sorry I know that wasn't the info you wanted but I figured its better than nothing.

ok thanks, the only info I heard on this is that they use hapsicord instead of piano, would like to check it though...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The Gene Siegel Orchestra is a pretty cool little record. Kinda funky in parts, a little more improv in parts. Worth picking up if you see it but not totally essential by any means. The Milton Simons "jasis spontaneous improvisation" lp is a personal favorite, if I could reissue one record..... never seen it once on ebay or popsike for that matter