Beginning of the Week digs

Rod_TorfulsonRod_Torfulson 464 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Kind of came up today, haven't had money for records in a month or so:Soul Makossa-Afrique, sealed OGDonny Hathaway Live-Mint UpGiant-Whats in This Life for You BDP-P is Free/South Bronx 12"all for 80 bucks. Glad I went out today.

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    hey rod, turn on your pms, i gotta ask u sumthin.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    week's only half over... not bad.

[/img]

a few more from that haul...

• roneazyroneazy 111 Posts

[/img]

i've never actually done this before but ... looks like the radio station you ransacked was pretty hip at one time!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    FUCK.........................................................

FUCK!!!!!!

i think this is the appropriate time....DIE.

i gotta go...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Is this thread happening twice, or am I on mescaline?

If this was a garage sale, it had to be a digger's garage sale...secret squirrel & king tubby & entire runs of Black Jazz & Cake & Ween & Rudy Ray Moore??
    Who has this in their garage??

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    this thread makes me sad

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    this thread makes me sad

I haven't dug in weeks, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i feel like my efforts are useless...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    this thread gave me deja vu so strong i gasped and i have no idea why...

Hit my "secret" Salvation Army spot today, got 18 LP's for $5, including:

A lil' beat, unfortunately - but a shocker to pull at the SA!

most of the other stuff:

Ramsey Lewis - Mother Nature's Son - Cadet (triple, and a cool blue-label promo)
    Don Muro - It's Time - Sine Wave (electronic craziness)
    Mongo Santamaria - Stone Soul - Columbia
    V/A - 12 Greatest Golden Oldies - Parkway (rare early 60's comp of raer 50's 45's)
    Pete Seeger - Talking Union - Folkways
    Richard Beirach - EON - ECM
    Ferrante & Teicher - In a Soulful Mood & Midnight Cowboy - UA
    Chris Heinze Combination - Bamboo Magic - Atlantic wlp
    Oliver Nelson - Sound Pieces - Impulse
    Curtis Mayfield - Superfly - Curtom (triple)
    Village Stompers - Greatest Hits - Epic

They had (seriously, I counted) 12 copies of Al Hirt, "Honey In the Horn," including one box of all Hirt titles...I kept expecting "Soul in the Horn" to pop up, but I still have only found it once.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    i feel a bit silly posting me finds thread after that monster of a finds post back there, but here it is.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I can't believe yall are taking this guy seriously.

While it's entirely possible that some moron let all that go for 25 cents a piece, the probability is pretty low. Also, who has Cake, Lilith, Black Jazz, private, Mainstream breaks, and Black comedy in their collection and then sells it for that little? I smell bullshit.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I smell bullshit.

It could be my shoes

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

If this was a garage sale, it had to be a digger's garage sale...

think about what you are saying.....what obviously skilled digger would let those records go for .25 a piece? ....cmon folks....nice records but, garage sale? LOL!!!!!

carry on

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

think about what you are saying.....what obviously skilled digger would let those records go for .25 a piece? ....cmon folks....nice records but, garage sale? LOL!!!!!

carry on

sigh

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    I can't believe yall are hatting mid-week find threads that you never read or care about

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I can't believe yall are hatting mid-week find threads that you never read or care about

Au contraire my bearded bredren... I am hatting on people in the weekend finds threads I never read or care about! I am actually loving the pictures here but I am hatting on the reaction...

Au contraire my bearded bredren... I am hatting on people in the weekend finds threads I never read or care about! I am actually loving the pictures here but I am hatting on the reaction...

ize standz corrected !

carry on

That was my point to begin with...I guess I need to work on my internet sarcasm.

...secret squirrel & king tubby & entire runs of Black Jazz & Cake & Ween & Rudy Ray Moore??
    Who has this in their garage??

who has Cake, Lilith, Black Jazz, private, Mainstream breaks, and Black comedy in their collection and then sells it for that little? I smell bullshit.

I am hatting on people in the weekend finds threads I never read or care about!
    hatter.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

What does the Johnny Lewist Quartet LP sound like?

it's pretty sick, if you ever heard that wheedle's groove comp, they have a great version of cissy strut on there. seattle private press gold.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    it's pretty sick, if you ever heard that wheedle's groove comp, they have a great version of cissy strut on there. seattle private press gold.
    Yeah, nice funky jazz, kinda loungey. Beware of his other turd of an album called "feelings" though. Guzzo, you still have a Johnny Lewis in your trade stack?

• it's pretty sick, if you ever heard that wheedle's groove comp, they have a great version of cissy strut on there. seattle private press gold.
    Yeah, nice funky jazz, kinda loungey. Beware of his other turd of an album called "feelings" though. Guzzo, you still have a Johnny Lewis in your trade stack?

Keep in mind that 'Cissy Strut' isn't on that LP. It was added as a bonus track when the CD was reissued.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

actually the Cissy Strut song isn't on the original vinyl. could it be that you bought yourself some reissues, son?

tuesday in charm city high-lites

+ reggae

& in the mail from my main man

goofus sez thanx