Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I've said this before and I'm gonna say it again. As soon as the clock struck 12 in 1980, funk died. Can anyboady come up with a post 1979 quality funk recording? and don't give me that Prince "Little Red Corvette" shiT!:0
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I love how in the Alphonse Mouzon thread you see thatb,121even 7 years ago dudes were getting their posts deletedb,121and messed with. HOME OF THE HATTERS BABY

• wow...i feel really strange after reading a bunch of those old threads...it's like going back in time and watching your parents when they were on their first dates

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    ND= Dolo? as a wimp in 2001, but overtime grew much anger towards the Strut by having too much free time to start his own Blog which immensely failed?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    True Hip Hop Spotb,121Kids at school think the Ruff Ryders are indie? Does your older brother think a White Label is a brand of E? Post topics on what's the sh*t in true hip hop. Nelly fans and Jay-Z worshippers try jiggy.com's message board.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121 Oh hell no! Don't even front with that wackness. We're talking about REAL FUNK / DEEP FUNK in here. Doesn't VH1.com have a message board to discuss how funky Cameo and Prince were back in the day? Let me run it down like this....
    b,121???Parliament was the black version of KISS, they were a joke. Funky only in the most watered-down sense of the term.
    b,121
    b,121???Bootsy was only funky when he played in James Brown's band. Not P-Funk or Dee-Lite...
    b,121
    b,121???Larry Graham should be ashamed of himself for recording that drivel after being in Sly & the Family Stone.
    b,121
    b,121???Earth, Wind & Fire were awful AM radio schlock. Again, not funky.
    b,121
    b,121???Living Colour??? You gotta be kidding.
    b,121
    b,121???Lakeside?? What the hell is that?
    b,121
    b,121???Zapp & Roger? Aww, that's cute....
    b,121
    b,121How come Leo Sayer and Lee Rittenour didn't make that list?? Obviously, you've never heard their "Live in Japan" album featuring funked-up covers of songs from all those wonderful "Funk" groups you love so much...
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1 b,121b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif" alt="" /1