Anybody got this..? Babadu (RR)

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
being a big fan of the lemuria record, i was jus wondering if any of the strutteurs on here has a copy of this record and can tell me some things about it, or even better, provide some mp3 heat so i can judge myself. seems to demand big bucks.b,121b,121img src="http://popsike.com/pix/20060905/200024406911.jpg"1 b,121b,121popsike says: Babadu. Hanaiia Records(H-1108) Rarer than Lemuria. Produced by the great Kirk Thompson of Lemuria fame. Includes Lermuria alum Kirk Thompson,voclist Star Williams,Ira Nepus and more. Excellent production. Includes "All I've Got to Give" alternate version than the Lemuria version. Massive jazz/soul/funk influences make this a smash LP that's a must have. Very low print run make it rarest of rare. With Kirk Thompson production the discriminating listener knows what to expect. Pure Heaven.b,121b,121anybody img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ctix4ad.gif" alt="" /1 ?

Comments

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    bumpety bump

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    try waxidermy

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Babadu. Hanaiia Records(H-1108) Rarer than Lemuria. Produced by the great Kirk Thompson of Lemuria fame. Includes Lermuria alum Kirk Thompson,voclist Star Williams,Ira Nepus and more. Excellent production. Includes "All I've Got to Give" alternate version than the Lemuria version. Massive jazz/soul/funk influences make this a smash LP that's a must have. Very low print run make it rarest of rare. With Kirk Thompson production the discriminating listener knows what to expect. Pure Heaven.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121depugh's above description is pretty much spot on. babadu wrote most of the songs on the album and kirk thompson (of kalapana/b1 fame) produced and arranged. it took me a while to get used to homies voice, but it eventually grew on me.b,121b,121musically i'd say it's another lemuria album with lead vocals by babadu instead of star. but...b,121 babadu albumb,121b,121i never got the full story on why it's so scarce. other hanaiia releases are fairly easy to find. hopefully i can gather more info on the next trip home. but i do know that kirk doesn't have anymore copies of the babadu album or og's of the lemuria album (last time i heard he only had the cds and the canadian reish).b,121b,121i wouldn't really rush on dropping that much bank on it. it's an okay record that i would probably flip if i weren't a hawaiian music collector. i got lucky and found my copy for $5b,121b,121img src="http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/shitzr/5-5.jpg"1

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Someone post a rip of this schitt already!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Isn't it basically just a soft rock record?

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Speaking of Lemuria, I bought this record two weeks ago at a fleamarket.
    I was totaly excited because I love "hunk of heaven" and I hoped for something similar. Unfortunatly it turned out to be a tepid boogie-funk terd.