SHAZAM app for I-phone

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
anybody else have this schitt??? i was in wendy's today eating lunch with my little boy and heard a soul / r&b song playing that i couldn't recognize. the singer sounded familiar but i couldn't place it. then i remembered- i have this Shazam schitt on my iphone that supposedly can tell what a song is when it's playing on the radio or whatever. so i says ok, let me try this schitt out. i click it on and just hold it up a little bit- not even near the speaker that the music's coming out of. within a few seconds it detected the song through all the other noise going on in this wendy's and gave me the song title! (bill withers "soul shadows", btw) img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snapgraem26wuch9.gif" alt="" /1b,121do you have any idea how many times i've been in a doctors office or a Boston Market or a Shoprite and heard some fly schitt playing that I woulda liked to have known the title but never found out what it was??? (a LOT of times!) i'm real excited about this Shazam schitt and img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/krusty.gif" alt="" /1b,121b,121 img src="http://symbianwebblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/shazam.jpg"1 b,121b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b,121b,121and this may be another img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/latte.gif" alt="" /1 for me but i don't care ... this schitt is free too btw ... i want to help people with this info img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/know.gif" alt="" /1

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    f'n amazing, if you ask me. I'm trying to figure out in my little brain how it may work, it sends back the data/sound back to a server, that then sends back the detail information of the song??? I hope dudes will make money off of this.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121f'n amazing, if you ask me. I'm trying to figure out in my little brain how it may work, it sends back the data/sound back to a server, that then sends back the detail information of the song??? I hope dudes will make money off of this.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I would think it would work similarly spellcheck, comparing fragments of the song with their library and then picking out the most similar of them all (using some program to work out how comparable one sound is to another).b,121b,121and yes this is pretty1f'n amazing too bad I dont own an iPhone (yes I know I sound poor)

• never works for shit i use it on

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121never works for shit i use it on
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121has worked for me EVERY TIME except for when it's some very rare, very out of print un-reissued schitt. probbly does not work on bonerz img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohmyer1.gif" alt="" /1b,121i know i tested it on some schitt like boobie knight "lovomaniacs" and it got it b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/raw.gif" alt="" /1

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This is vaguely reminiscent of when I recorded a Numero Groupb,121compilation from vinyl through a line-in onto my computer andb,121the tracks were automatically tagged when converted to MP3.b,121b,121Needless to say, I was like img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" /1