THE OFFICE (new season)

13»

Comments

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21edit: sorry, possible spoilers! [/b]b, 21b, 21actually, I need some help. The whole Kelly-Ryan-Darryl thing. what was that about? I must have missed some episodes because last I heard Darryl quoted he was saying he was really into Kelly, not just on some "hit it and quit it." Did that just devolve into a situation where he was more than happy to let her go? I missed any parts where he was looking to dump her. Was there some sort of set-up? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Darryl wasn't into her and I think the actor that plays Darryl is being written out of the show due to drug problems (I'm guessing here). He was arrested in June and the last few episodes have shown him being overweight and with a scratchy voice. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21I see. that is enlightening. I swear I remember him saying that the relationship was important to him (to the cameras, not to Kelly or anyone else) He might have just been blowing smoke. Or my memory fails me. Probably the latter. b, 21b, 21b, 21So why was Ryan looking all kinds of shook after the "that's cool" text came back?

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21So why was Ryan looking all kinds of shook after the "that's cool" text came back? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Really? You can't figure that out?

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21edit: sorry, possible spoilers! [/b]b, 21b, 21actually, I need some help. The whole Kelly-Ryan-Darryl thing. what was that about? I must have missed some episodes because last I heard Darryl quoted he was saying he was really into Kelly, not just on some "hit it and quit it." Did that just devolve into a situation where he was more than happy to let her go? I missed any parts where he was looking to dump her. Was there some sort of set-up? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Darryl wasn't into her and I think the actor that plays Darryl is being written out of the show due to drug problems (I'm guessing here). He was arrested in June and the last few episodes have shown him being overweight and with a scratchy voice. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21I see. that is enlightening. I swear I remember him saying that the relationship was important to him (to the cameras, not to Kelly or anyone else) He might have just been blowing smoke. Or my memory fails me. Probably the latter. b, 21b, 21b, 21So why was Ryan looking all kinds of shook after the "that's cool" text came back? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Because ex-girlfriends always look better when they belong to someone else.b, 21b, 21As soon as he realized that Kelly was now his problem (again)...and Darryl wasn't exactly begging for her back...[i]uh-oh./i1b, 21b, 21At least that's how I read it...b, 21b, 21I was reading over on some other e-group that Ryan used to be a poor man's Jim. After seeing that weird scene where he starts doing pushups to impress Kelly, now he's like a poor man's Dwight...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21actually, I need some help. The whole Kelly-Ryan-Darryl thing. what was that about? I must have missed some episodes because last I heard Darryl quoted he was saying he was really into Kelly, not just on some "hit it and quit it." Did that just devolve into a situation where he was more than happy to let her go? I missed any parts where he was looking to dump her. Was there some sort of set-up? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21To be honest with you, I figured this was coming.b, 21b, 21If actions speak louder than words, Darryl always did act slightly embarrassed that he was with Kelly in the first place. And while I missed a few eps from last season (after the strike ended), I have noticed that this season Kelly and Darryl haven't really been seen together...even when they were in the same room, they didn't seem to even acknowledge each other. So, the breakup didn't shock me. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21I don't think Darryl's too worried about his chances of replacing Kelly.b, 21b, 21 img src="http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/80/darryl64fw7.gif"1 b, 21b, 21 Link to full sized Darryl's triumphant walk .gif/a1

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I got a little of that, but it's hard (no pasue) because Oscar underplays shit all the time. He's so hard to read. Oscar is one of the most nuanced, fascinating characters on the show, so I hope this means they'll be using him more. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Which is why it was so hilarious when, after drinking his "bad decision in a glass," he yelled "WHY WON'T YOU DO ANDY?" into the cell phone.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Because ex-girlfriends always look better when they belong to someone else.b, 21b, 21As soon as he realized that Kelly was now his problem (again)...and Darryl wasn't exactly begging for her back...[i]uh-oh./i1b, 21b, 21At least that's how I read it...b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21well yeah, I got the "oh shit, she's mine again" thing, but I was thrown off by the look of surprise. I was like, "Dude, whatever you're feeling right now is all your fault." b, 21b, 21I guess I'm far too rational about matters of the heart. I've never been a "It's not the having, it's the getting" kind of guy. If the final look on his face was simply supposed to be "Now that I got what I wanted, I'm not sure I want it," then I got it. I tend to (over)think things through, so I always believe there's a reasoning process behind shit like this, so when there's not, I'm like WTF?

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I got a little of that, but it's hard (no pasue) because Oscar underplays shit all the time. He's so hard to read. Oscar is one of the most nuanced, fascinating characters on the show, so I hope this means they'll be using him more. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Which is why it was so hilarious when, after drinking his "bad decision in a glass," he yelled "WHY WON'T YOU DO ANDY?" into the cell phone. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21exactly. Just for him to bust out to Andy like "What is wrong with Angela!?!" was completely shocking.

• /font1
    b, 21b, 21this should be called "Link To Full-Sized Darryl"b, 21b, 21them drugs are doing him BAD...

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Because ex-girlfriends always look better when they belong to someone else.b, 21b, 21As soon as he realized that Kelly was now his problem (again)...and Darryl wasn't exactly begging for her back...[i]uh-oh./i1b, 21b, 21At least that's how I read it...b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21well yeah, I got the "oh shit, she's mine again" thing, but I was thrown off by the look of surprise. I was like, "Dude, whatever you're feeling right now is all your fault." b, 21b, 21I guess I'm far too rational about matters of the heart. I've never been a "It's not the having, it's the getting" kind of guy. If the final look on his face was simply supposed to be "Now that I got what I wanted, I'm not sure I want it," then I got it. I tend to (over)think things through, so I always believe there's a reasoning process behind shit like this, so when there's not, I'm like WTF? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21I agree, I was never "all about the chase" myself, but then again some guys just naturally are.b, 21b, 21And besides, Ryan never looked comfortable around Kelly the first time around...b, 21b, 21Hell, Ryan never looked comfortable around ANYBODY at Dunder-Mifflin. That one episode where there was a nasty odor coming from Michael's office was possibly the only time I've ever seen him crack a smile.

• Shame if Darryl is getting written out, that won't help his problem. Plus he was developing realy well.b, 21b, 21Tell your boss off to his face over the phone, try it.

• When Andy drunkenly asked Angela why they hadn't fucked yet, I was hoping that would have been the Moment Of Truth where Andy mans up, calls off the wedding, and tells the Dunder-Mifflin Ice Queen where to go.b, 21b, 21Kinda messed it up the next day when Andy had to go back and apologize...

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Kinda messed it up the next day when Andy had to go back and apologize... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21TAKE THAT SHIT BACK TO FIRST BASE!

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Kinda messed it up the next day when Andy had to go back and apologize... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21TAKE THAT SHIT BACK TO FIRST BASE! b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21first base? Hell, he oughta take his bat and go home!

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Kinda messed it up the next day when Andy had to go back and apologize... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21TAKE THAT SHIT BACK TO FIRST BASE! b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21first base? Hell, he oughta take his bat and go home! b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Andy is a pushover when it comes to Angela, plus the pay-off will be better in the season finale once he finds out about Dwight and her. Let it build.

• Just watched the office "Moroccan Christmas" episode and damn I am depressed! This show has always mixed in some pathos, but the alcoholic plotline led to a lot more discomfort than laughter. And the ending where Michael suggests that he will "help" Meredith the way he did Jan..... shudder... uggh. But I guess I like The Office because the humor and the discomfort come from the same place.

• i don't care what they say about humor coming from uncomfortable situations - tonight's episode just flat out wasnt all that great. meredith isnt good enuff to be the main plot, and the situation with Toby The Human Carpet just gets more and more unwatchable every time.b, 21b, 21but i AM feeling the andy/angela/dwight triangle, though!!

• three months ago, I saw the season premiere and saidb, 21b, 21/font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Angela is looking real good this season, not as frumpy as before.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21i take it backb, 21b, 21(she's attractive in real life, but she's obviously toning it down for the show. i think the first eps of the season were an anomaly)

• Last night's episode started well enough and showed promise, but then went south quickly. The intervention/alcoholic angle did not work at all, not funny, especially during the holidays when its the hardest time for alcoholics in general. Also the Dwight and Anglea revelation was too abrupt. They fucked this one up.b, 21b, 2130 Rock had funny moments but all in all was predictable and contrived.

• every long-running series has that one episode (or more) that you never want to see againb, 21b, 21never liked the Sanford & Son where Fred buys a horseb, 21b, 21never liked the Brady Bunch that centered around the three orphaned kidsb, 21b, 21last nite's 30 Rock and Office are on this sad list

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    i think the office has massively jumped the shark this season. it just feels awful. it's such a shame to see Jim and Pam reduced to corny BS.. i blame the writer's strike. Another fine show ruined.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i think the office has massively jumped the shark this season. it just feels awful. it's such a shame to see Jim and Pam reduced to corny BS.. i blame the writer's strike. Another fine show ruined.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21It's not as good so far but I wouldn't say the show is ruined. This episode was badly paced and the intervention was dumb... Meridith on fire and Andy playing sitar at the end made me laugh though.b, 21b, 21It seems like any Christmas themed episode on any show turns out badly, not that funny and sometimes cheesey.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    You people are tough critics, I thought there were plenty of funny pieces to last nite's show. b, 21Relax, they trying to make you laugh, not give you a blowjob.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21You people are tough critics, I thought there were plenty of funny pieces to last nite's show.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21You made the call, man. Funny "pieces." But them pieces don't add up to a whole.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I thought it was funny. Ya'll can suck it. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I thought it was funny.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Funny, [i]hell/i1 - you was laughing to keep from crying! img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21I say wait till next week or even January when the show will be back on track...

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21It seems like any Christmas themed episode on any show turns out badly, not that funny and sometimes cheesey.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Just like Xmas music - it looks good for any artist to have a holiday record in their discography, but how often you gonna play it after you find out how weak it is?

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    I just have not been feeling the last bunch of episodes.. i really hope i'm wrong, i'm a huge fan but it's been going nowhere for a while now. I really hope they get back into a tighter direction, it's just like a comic scenario free for all atm with no focus