suspended campaign ?

Comments

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I dissent people. The reason there was a great depression was because the flow of credit dried up. In order prevent that, there needs to be a bail out. On Wednesday it looked like Congress was not going to pass the bailout. McCain's decision to suspend, call a meeting in DC and move on, seems to have broken that deadlock. Yeah.
    b,121
    b,121Oh and hello Soulstrut nation.1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121???????? img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif" alt="" 21

• "Let 'em rot" is a convenient slogan but it's ridiculous in reality. The government does need to step in.b,121b,121I disagree with Eli that McCain broke any kind of deadlock; the house and senate Dems are largely in agreement but the votes aren't there as a full 80% of Republicans do not support any bailout being discussed, at least from what I've read. I don't think McCain is going to change that.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121McCain's decision to suspend, call a meeting in DC and move on, seems to have broken that deadlock. Yeah...
    right/b1b,121b,121 b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I'm sure the wealth of knowledge he gleaned on the plane to Washington was paramount in getting this resolved.1b,121b,121img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/day465/Soulstrut/icon_rolleyes.gif"1b,121b,121He himself admitted he hadn't even read the proposal 21days ago.b,121b,121I do think something had to be done, I'm just not convinced (whatsoever) that quitting his campaign to help had much to do with it.

• McCain hasn't done ANYTHING this week other than looking shakey and desperate. He appears to be one hundred percent at the mercy of his handlers who don't appear to be handling him very well.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I dissent people. The reason there was a great depression was because the flow of credit dried up. In order prevent that, there needs to be a bail out. On Wednesday it looked like Congress was not going to pass the bailout. McCain's decision to suspend, call a meeting in DC and move on, seems to have broken that deadlock. Yeah.
    b,121
    b,121Oh and hello Soulstrut nation.1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121That's as funny as your avatar. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/NO.gif" alt="" 21

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    mccain's so andrew mccain was on the board of Silverstate Bank b,121b,121and quit for personal reasons 21months before its collapse

• To think that Obama would not support a bailout and risk taking the blame if there actually is a total meltdown is not realistic. Whether the bailout is actually really necessary and viable I will not comment on because I simply don't know enough about it.

• I haven't been on here in a minute. I am getting the impression that the room is very pro-Obama. Well before you cast your ballot, just think of the first nations. We have an opportunity to put an eskimo in the naval observatory, we will have the first Yupik second gentleman if McCain/Palin wins. So I'm with Todd and the snow machines.1b,121b,121(PS--before everyone gets up in my grill, I am teasing about the eskimo thing) But I am voting for McCain.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121But I am voting for McCain.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Well, that makes one. Hehe.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Why do you think McCain would make a better president than Obabma?

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Why do you think McCain would make a better president than Obabma?1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121Seriously.

• This is news - last we heard from our man in The District he was siding with Obama. ET TU, ELI??

• oh god. the fact that you think folks are voting for Obama because he's black is beyond myopic and f*cking suspect.b,121b,121stick to lurking, jocking rawkus records, and channeling "indian spirits" in your freestyles.

• I actually think there are many good things about Obama and an Obama presidency. To start, Obama would destroy the American anti-war left. Second, Obama's presidency would mean a lot in terms of race relations. But McCain would staff the government with Republicans and I trust Republicans more than Democrats on a wide array of issues, hence I am voting for the Republican. That said, I don't think Obama would be a lunatic Marxist the way many Republicans and conservatives say. Even though he went to a lunatic church and apparently had a predilection for Franz Fanon as a college student. I too had a predilection for Fanon back in college. You could say I am an ex-Fanonist.

• don't you love being offended on behalf of someone.1Doesn't it just fill you up in the morning with the righteous rage, ready to slay dragons on behalf of someone who doesn't know you even exist.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    So basically the only reason you are voting for mccain is because he is a republican.b,121b,121The one thing that will make him a better president than obama is that he will put more republicans in the white house. Thats the qualification that you are most impressed with.b,121b,121Thats fine, I just wanted to make sure.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121the bailout/no bailout debate misses the point: some sort of government intervention is necessary, but the plan as currently written is horrible and should be defeated.b,121b,121as I understand it the Treasury will be buying nearly worthless derivatives whereas what we could do is have the Treasury buy equity in firms instead of buying bad debts.b,121b,121 a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/20/AR2008092001059.html " target="_blank"1WaPo proposed buying equity in one of their OpEds and it's explained pretty well here. b,121b,121buy all this bad debt and the remainign weak players stick around and dontinue to weigh down the US economy, weakening worldwide confidence in the dollar, leading ultimately to capital flight and inflation. buy EQUITY and the stronger market players (the ones who can issue equity that the gov't will actually want to buy) actaully get stronger. b,121b,121someone will always buy the weak shit players at a steep discount (read: the Chinese). we can't afford to carry them right now.

• Don't mess with Phonics - he's really tender right now. The wrong thing could send him right over the edge.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121This is news - last we heard from our man in The District he was siding with Obama. ET TU, ELI??1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I wrote a piece for TNR this summer saying an Obama presidency would employ the Reagan doctrine for the war on terrorism. And I don't think he is the Macnhurian candidate. I just respect McCain over the years, he opposed Bush on all the issues I opposed him on. He understood the importance of the surge when Obama went along with the herd. And I think John McCain could literally kill a man if given a buck knife and a grudge.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121So basically the only reason you are voting for mccain is because he is a republican.
    b,121
    b,121The one thing that will make him a better president than obama is that he will put more republicans in the white house. Thats the qualification that you are most impressed with.
    b,121
    b,121Thats fine, I just wanted to make sure.1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121This is why anyone should vote for a president. The president appoints the federal government and judges. If you agree with Democrats on these things, then you should vote for the Democrat, even if he is a wheezing douche like John Kerry. If you think Republicans have better ideas, you should vote for the Republican. F*ck the swing voters. Make up your damn mind squishes.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121 I too had a predilection for Fanon back in college. You could say I am an ex-Fanonist.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121FANY!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121This is news - last we heard from our man in The District he was siding with Obama. ET TU, ELI??1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121I wrote a piece for TNR this summer saying an Obama presidency would employ the Reagan doctrine for the war on terrorism. And I don't think he is the Macnhurian candidate. I just respect McCain over the years, he opposed Bush on all the issues I opposed him on. He understood the importance of the surge when Obama went along with the herd. And I think John McCain could literally kill a man if given a buck knife and a grudge.1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121So you respect McCain renouncing pretty much every stand he has ever taken in an attempt to win office this year? You believe that Sarah Palin is something other than a cynical attempt to curry favor with the Evangelicals?b,121b,121I hope you live in DC still so your vote is part of the 5% that the GOP will eke out in our fair city.

• No I don't really see things your way. But I gotta catch a plane. If any of you are in the Chicago area, I will be on a panel tonight at Purdue Calumet University in northern indiana. And I am voting like 10,000 times in Pennsylvania and Colorado because of a computer glitch in the voting software me and my RNC friends plan on exploiting this november. See you in the breadlines Suckahs!

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121This is why anyone should vote for a president. The president appoints the federal government and judges. If you agree with Democrats on these things, then you should vote for the Democrat, even if he is a wheezing douche like John Kerry. If you think Republicans have better ideas, you should vote for the Republican. F*ck the swing voters. Make up your damn mind squishes.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Wow, this is like an evil universe version of Kala. Avatar has facial hair, check. Insulting names, check. Where's Kala you bastard. Give him back to us!

• do i know you?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I think you two might attend the same fairs.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121do i know you?1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I hope not. Though I married into a family of Republicans so its possible. You certainly talk like them and show the same level of political sophistication. Do I take you seriously? Nope. But I have to respect your Trolling skills to get everyone riled up. Bravo...

• UHOH...b,121b,121Lawmakers from both parties in House, Senate say they have bailout deal; will take it to Treasury Secretary Paulson.

• Jesus, can we return this Sarcasmus dude for store credit?

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Jesus, can we return this Sarcasmus dude for store credit?1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I said days ago I would trade him for f*cking Saba.