cool edit or adobe audition?

On_the_Red_ClayOn_the_Red_Clay 1,728 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
Strutters,b,121b,121am in the process of putting together a new computer and have been using Cool Edit the last few years. I'm more than happy w/ the program, so is there any reason to switch to Audition if all i use it for is recording and trimming files?b,121b,121much obliged,b,121b,121RC

Comments

• soundforge

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I've never used Audition but I really liked CoolEdit for basic wave editing, it's one of the cleanest most intuitive interfaces I've used. I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• I'd recommend audition 1.5 it's pretty much the same as cool edit with some improvements such as vst hosting. In Audition 2 and 3 however they start changing the interface and function which I don't really care for... Audition to me is like a sketch pad for ideas. I then usually finish my tracks in protools. b,121b,121Download it, give it a try see if you like it.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    W**l,b,121b,121Cool Edit is now Adobe Audition.b,121Did you try a href="http://audacity.sourceforge.net/" target="_blank"1Audacity/a1?b,121I never used it, but people rate it as good.b,121And it's free.b,121b,121b,121Peace

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I'd recommend audition 1.5 it's pretty much the same as cool edit with some improvements such as vst hosting. In Audition 2 and 3 however they start changing the interface and function which I don't really care for.. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Same here. Except I hate the wave editing in AA/ Cool Edit-- the zooming and the "pen" tool kill me-- and use Sound Forge instead.