MPC World Championship n WGTN, NZ - SEPT 25

doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
edited September 2008 in Announcements
This event, last held in 2002 a href="" target="_blank"1 has been resurrected at long last. 16 of NZ's finest producers, beat makers and musicians are given a zip disc full of the same samples and have to craft them into a 5 min performance... winner takes all. No idea what they're actually competing for.... Akia sh*t I supposeb,121b,121Competitors include Imon Starr (Taj Mahal's son), half of Fat Freddys Drop - DJ MU, Jetlag Johnson, Clubba Laing & Dobie Blaze, Riki Gooch - killre drummer and the man behind Eru Dangerspeil (check his forthcoming release a href=")" target="_blank"1)/a1 Riki Gooch, Rio (awesome voalist and bass player), Fulla Flash aka Warren Maxwell (from blues freaks Little Bushmen), Ak based producer Submariner, Jeremy Ota & Julien Dyne (from Opensouls), Killamanraro (guitarist from The Tornadoes & Tyra Hammond), P-Money (local hiphop supremo) & Kava (from the legendary Roots Foundation Sound System).b,121b,121Anyone else doing similar type thangs in there neighbourhood. Think Redbull and Akai are gonna try and get something like the DMC Worlds going in the next year so. A friend of mine has provided all the source samples... from a crazy collection of deep soul & afro jazz and classic drums. Should be a hoot... I've managed to blag a trip down from Auckland for the night.