Does anyone else have this problem in iTunes?

marumaru 1,450 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
When I view my music with the album cover previews at the top, there are some albums that repeat the same album cover, even though they're the same artist/album. I can't figure out how to make it so that it shows the album cover just once. Anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• I've had this problem before as well. I forget how I fixed it, but the main thing is to just make sure that the album information is exactly the same for every song on the album. Double check - make sure there are no spaces after the album title or stuff like that. Also, make sure the album artist field is the same for every song - that often can be the problem.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I've had this problem before as well. I forget how I fixed it, but the main thing is to just make sure that the album information is exactly the same for every song on the album. Double check - make sure there are no spaces after the album title or stuff like that. Also, make sure the album artist field is the same for every song - that often can be the problem. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Yeah. It's best to just do a group info update for all the non-exclusive information (meaning track titles and numbers). It's some annoying shit that makes you feel like a asshole particulariist.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121When I view my music with the album cover previews at the top, there are some albums that repeat the same album cover, even though they're the same artist/album. I can't figure out how to make it so that it shows the album cover just once. Anyone know how to fix this? b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Yeah ... I've finally managed to clean up my library but it takes some work. If you "Get Info" (apple-I) for each track and make sure they're all numbered (ex. 1 of 12, 2 of 12, 3 of 12, etc) iTunes should recognize it as a single album. b,121b,121Installing this Applescript tool/a1 (place it in Macintosh HD/Library/iTunes/Scripts) makes the process a bit quicker.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121When I view my music with the album cover previews at the top, there are some albums that repeat the same album cover, even though they're the same artist/album. I can't figure out how to make it so that it shows the album cover just once. Anyone know how to fix this? b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Had this problem before, too. Try changing Compilation from "No" to "Yes" on the Get Info screen where you'd apply the album art.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    Had it, fixed it. 10 times out of 10 it was something slightly different in the album or artist tag for some tracks on the album, eg. leading/ending spaces, missing full-stop, case beign different or some other trivial ish.b,121b,121If you are on a PC, go with mediamonkey (free) and it's a lot easier to batch edit these. Itunes is nice for the "Coverflow" feature, but that's about it.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Is anybody having their itunes default albums to compilations when loading cd's to their computer? It's starting to bug the shit out of me!!! Do I have to manually select part of a compilation > No, every single time?

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121When I view my music with the album cover previews at the top, there are some albums that repeat the same album cover, even though they're the same artist/album. I can't figure out how to make it so that it shows the album cover just once. Anyone know how to fix this? b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Had this problem before, too. Try changing Compilation from "No" to "Yes" on the Get Info screen where you'd apply the album art. b,121b,121h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121I try to do the opposite -- I make sure the artist and album info is exactly the same and make sure it's not a compilation. That's one of the things I dislike about iTunes -- if you purchase, say, a hip-hop album from their store, the artist is listed as the album artist along with a bunch of people who "guested" on the track. I am so nit-picky, that I go through the entire album and move all the guests to the song title and leave the artist strictly for the album artist and then change it to no-compilation. It's a pain in the drain, but I rest easy.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121That's one of the things I dislike about iTunes -- if you purchase, say, a hip-hop album from their store, the artist is listed as the album artist along with a bunch of people who "guested" on the track. I am so nit-picky, that I go through the entire album and move all the guests to the song title and leave the artist strictly for the album artist and then change it to no-compilation.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Me, too.b,121b,121My iPod has been acting awfully slow recently. It's got 75+ gigs of music and art (out of 80), so I'm guessing that's why. It's bugging the hell out of me. I don't want to re-format it, because I'd lose a ton of music. I sure wish that you could drop files from an iPod to a computer. It's time for Steve Jobs to follow his DRM reversal promise.

• akaaka 67 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I sure wish that you could drop files from an iPod to a computer.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1 folder options > views and make sure it's set to "show hidden files and folders". Then just browse the iPod, find them strangely-named files/folders and drag-drop them onto a hard drive. From what I understand you can then drag-drop them back onto the iPod after you've cleaned it off.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121If you're on a PC
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121That's the rub. I'm on a Mac.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    also make sure that "album artist" (not just song artist)is entered, and is the same - this solved the problem for me.

• BobBob 19 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121If you're on a PC
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121That's the rub. I'm on a Mac.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121This has saved me a few times.b,121b,121a href="http://fadingred.org/senuti/" target="_blank"1http://fadingred.org/senuti//a1