Just making sure the thief got away scott free

high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
So... you know, you win, you paypal a dude. A month passes by & no record. You contact dude through ebay and of course no repsonse. You realize it's been nearly a week since you tried to contact guy and go to contact dude again and file a dispute but of course he's no longer a regsitered user. Great.b,121b,121My question is... I'm just screwed right? Only Europeans can do paypal chargebacks, right? Life is so unfair.b,121b,121Anyway, am I missing something? can I get my whopping $30 back or am I screwed?b,121b,121Thanks for your understanding.b,121b,121c

Comments

• Domestic transaction?

• You should still be able to file a dispute, even if the seller is no longer registered on ebay. Go get that dough.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    since the 45 day limit is getting close, you need to not only file the dispute, but also go ahead and file the claim as well.b,121hopefully, he didnt close out his bank account that the paypal is tied to.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    cool. dispute and claim filed. Thanks dudes

• b,121I had a similar thing, no record and guy kept telling stories about one minute it was sent, then looking into it, just kept going and I didn't know about the 45 paypal rule. Wasn't an expensive transaction, about $10 that's all. Also, I couldn't raise an ebay dispute as the item had disappeared of da bay, as had the seller, who was no longer a registered user, so there was nothing to raise it on. I raised a paypal dispute and they closed it on the 45 day rule. I wrote a mail to ebay and paypal explaining that I had paid, had a good record, and the guy kept my money, where was the justice? how many others had he ripped off? polite but firm, not abusive.b,121b,121I got no response for about 2 weeks, then suddenly ebay mailed me a $30 credit to spend on a single item on ebay, so I promptly spent it.b,121b,121the seller was still returning mails saying he was 'looking into it must be admin problem and he's not a scumbag...' riiiiiiiiiiiigght!b,121b,121keep on pushin it might work out!