Jake One-White Van Music!!!

2»

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    When the first Free track hit while walking to work this morning, I broke out in beads of sweat and let out a growl that shook up the block.b,121b,121This is a monster--will definitely be buying this when its released.b,121b,121Great work, Jake!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Jake, this album is dope. I'll be picking up the album when it drops for sure

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Finally gave in and had a listen and am truly img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21b,121b,121Album gets better each time I've heard it, particularly loving Oh Really, White Van, Glow and the Freeway tracks at the moment.b,121b,121Am going to try and put it aside now until the retail version drops through my letterbox.

• this album is dope for the ears. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oj.gif" alt="" 21

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    jake's on sear and jude's show on sirius right now. b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fire.gif" alt="" /1

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Jake,b,121b, 21Is there a "dub" for that If You Don't Know (Jake One Dub) track?b, 21b, 21Or anyone else know?b, 21b, 21That track is crazy.

• My cd came with an instrumental cd... not sure if that's standard.b, 21b, 21This is pretty much all I've listened to for a couple weeks now. Notes:b,121b, 21"Home" gives me goosebumps. What an amazing track. And it's the kind of thing that most rapperdudes would pass on for a major label album.b,121b, 21"Feelin My Shit" is probably the best thing I've ever heard by Casual. Dope dope dope. Up there with "That's How It Is" remix.b,121b, 21"Gangsta Boy" makes me mad that the MOP/G-Unit album doesn't exist. Incredible track.b, 21b, 21Brother Ali might have the best verse on this record, MC-wise (if it weren't for "Feelin My Shit") and he's up against some titans.b,121b, 21I've been knocking "Soil Raps" for a good two years now, so it's exciting to see it get some daylight. I wish there were more tracks with Keak over hip-hop beats like this. p/s the mobb schitt you had him over on that other track was also blapping. Release all 20!

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    jake, you're gonna change the game. i remember asking you how much of the album was gonna be sample based and you said a majority which had me worried you'd have some keyboard beats w/ no feeling to them.b, 21b, 21but the sample free tracks are killing me dude. cause while just blaze and kanye are going back to sample free beats, there tracks are devoid of any real emotion. b, 21b, 21and i know you came after them but, if they wanna learn how to do the sample free thing they need to take notes. (and i know dre and some others plays shit, but it's replays of loops, jakes beats on this album are 100 percent original musical compisitions)b,121b, 21p.s- you've got an incredible team working w/ you. your guitar player is incredible!b, 21b, 21b,121b, 21peace,xavier

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b, 21b, 21Brother Ali might have the best verse on this record. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21Please, please, please tell me you didn't just say that. b, 21b, 21That Casual thing too...dude just name-drops a bunch of fellow artists who are supposedly "feeling his shit"? b, 21b, 21Weird how, with so much insanely great parts to the album, that you managed to pick out 2 of what I consider the most annoying parts of it as its highlights. b, 21b, 21No blood, no foul though...carry on.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Nice album. I've been giving this steady play since the man upped the radio version. To be honest, I'm too broke to buy it right now (unexpected tax bill), but come december I'm gonna give this a a xmas present to myself.b, 21b, 21Re: the replaying of samples, I'm particularly feeling the "Move Me No Mountain" interpolation coupled with SS Movement and D.Axelrod on the title track. MOP track is sick. Keak track is sick. Lot of good tracks on this.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Amazing record. Best thing I've heard all year.