Music I like now that I wouldn't have before

SooksSooks 714 Posts
edited September 2008 in Announcements
So I've been reading articles lately in the newspapers about a vinyl comeback, and the argument most frequently used for people's preference for vinyl is that vinyl sounds better. Now I don't really know about that, but I do know that I much prefer vinyl, but for a completely different reason - it exposes me to music that I didn't know that I liked. When you're downloading mp3s, you have to search for the titles, and then download them. You have to know about it in advance. When I go digging, I can find a new record that I'd never heard of before, and love it. I would never have thought to search for it on mp3. And then end result of all this is that my tastes get expanded, and I learn to love music that I perhaps wouldn't have liked before. b,121b,121When I started digging years ago I was after James Brown style hard funk (and weren't we all?) - here are some tracks that I like now that I wouldn't have then.b,121b,121 a href="http://www.ifitrotates.com/blog" target="_blank"1If It Rotates/a1 b,121b,121Michel Legrand - Marins, Amis, Amants ou Marisb,121Gimmicks - Mas Que Nadab,121France Gall - Zozoib,121Clan Murphy - Eventailb,121Odyssey - Battened Shipsb,121Terry Winter - Thanksb,121Tom Jones - Hide and Seekb,121Dale Hawkins - Susie Qb,121OV Wright - Let's Straighten It Out