people who won't shutthef*ckup about their ipods

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I thought this would die down as iPods proliferated to the point where nearly everyone has one. But I was wrong. Lots of folks with iPods still won't shut the fuck up about them. People with iPods: Shut the fuck up about them please.Thanks bye.

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    they're sexless robots

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I own an iRiver and I can't stop talking about it. It's awesome.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I have witnessed the power of the iRiver.

It is awesome - think Ipod, but grown & sexy...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

YES

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    my brother's pod has been swapped over due to faults THREE (count em) THREE fucking times- he's only have it for 9 months. And he still thinks its the diggity.

i mean i love the guy (no homo) but i can't wait till that warranty is out and it breaks down again.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    To be honest, I don't know anyone who owns an iPod. Seems like every stranger I see has one. Ironic since I'm a podcaster but whatever. I don't see why someone would want to carry around 40 gigs of mp3's. Only use I might have for it is transfering Pro Tools sessions to the studio. little portable hard drive.

A smaller iRiver or a shuffle seems fine for me.

• I'm gonna use this thread to rant on something similar: People who show up to the club and stare at / push buttons on their cell phone all night. I can't wait until 3 years from now where people won't even speak to or look at each other anymore. Even worse is this one dude I saw (who I can only assume is part of a whole scene of people who do this) who was sitting at a table at the club with two kinda hot girls and he had this cellphone earpiece / microphone thing in his ear the whole time he was there. He wasn't even talking to anyone, just had this blinking thing attached to his cheek ?? la:

What the fuck damn?!?!?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    I'm gonna use this thread to rant on something similar: People who show up to the club and stare at / push buttons on their cell phone all night. I can't wait until 3 years from now where people won't even speak to or look at each other anymore. Even worse is this one dude I saw (who I can only assume is part of a whole scene of people who do this) who was sitting at a table at the club with two kinda hot girls and he had this cellphone earpiece / microphone thing in his ear the whole time he was there. He wasn't even talking to anyone, just had this blinking thing attached to his cheek ?? la:

What the fuck damn?!?!?

craig moerer sighting ?
    damn, that's how he getz all them joints
    dude is plugged in !!

• Options
    Even worse is this one dude I saw (who I can only assume is part of a whole scene of people who do this) who was sitting at a table at the club with two kinda hot girls and he had this cellphone earpiece / microphone thing in his ear the whole time he was there.

Those things are popping up more and more, bluetooth wireless earpiece to your phone. The first time I saw one was when I opened a door to let someone into a Christmas party last year, this girl walks in yammering away gives me a qucik kiss on the cheek and keeps right on kicking the business into that thing. I went and rejoined my homie by the beer, and he just said "Who's the robot?"

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

dude is plugged in !!

• Options
    Google image search "bluetooth headset"...

These two vvvvv are clearly up to no good....

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    It sick here in NYC.

• I thought this would die down as iPods proliferated to the point where nearly everyone has one.

But I was wrong.

Lots of folks with iPods still won't shut the fuck up about them.

People with iPods: Shut the fuck up about them please.

Thanks bye.

WHAT??? I CAN"T HEAR YOU OVER MY IPODS 22 DAYS WORTH OF STRAIGHT MUSIC. IT'S JUST TOO AWESOME I"M SURE THIS IS A GREAT THREAD THOUGH, LATER iSCRODS!!!!

• Mel_GibsonMel_Gibson 664 Posts
    I thought this would die down as iPods proliferated to the point where nearly everyone has one.

But I was wrong.

Thanks bye.

Do you have the discretionary income to afford one?

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I thought this would die down as iPods proliferated to the point where nearly everyone has one.

But I was wrong.

Thanks bye.
    Do you have the discretionary income to afford one?

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP!

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

But I was wrong.

even people without iPods talk about them.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    You know, when I first got my iPod three years ago, people used to talk to me about it and I was really impressed with it so I would go on and on about it (when asked.) But now? Everyone has one of them shits. Talking endlessly about it now says "Hey, my mom was really nice to me for my birthday/Christmas", "Hey, I saved up two months worth of pay working at my shit job to buy this", or "Please mug me for my iPod because I would not be able to live without it."

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    behold:

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

YO! Check out my new mix on the front page! I got some bob james with some Wu-Tang Accapellas [/b]

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    behold:

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    -------My iPod you little snatches.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Some of you guys are fucking technophobes who think it's still 1988.

By all means, do your thing, but i'm not trying to be the "I remember the time when they didn't have remote controls" dude.

Living in the past keeps you from enjoying today.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

But I was wrong.

Thanks bye.

In your quest to squash all IPod related talk you started an IPod related thread. So....yeah i would get one if I wasn't poor. They are pretty damn cool.

• I own an iRiver and I can't stop talking about it. It's awesome.

YES

I just put Rockbox open-source firmware on my Iriver H140.

Like wooooaaaaaa.

Crossfading, on the fly playlists, better sound, zero boot time, search function, customizible fonts and images, upside-down feature, a number of games, a GAMEBOY emulator that plays ROMs, improved recording features (coming soon), daily improvements, the list goes on...

I'll never have to interact with another human being ever again.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Crossfading, on the fly playlists, better sound, zero boot time, search function, customizible fonts and images, upside-down feature, a number of games, a GAMEBOY emulator that plays ROMs, improved recording features (coming soon), daily improvements, the list goes on...

This is good. What I could really use in my grand scheme to shut down the iPod fools and weaken their strategic defenses is a point-by-point comparison as to why the iRiver is better. Could you succintly break down a couple of main advantages of the iRiver? Price? Capacity? User-friendliness?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

This is good. What I could really use in my grand scheme to shut down the iPod fools and weaken their strategic defenses is a point-by-point comparison as to why the iRiver is better. Could you succintly break down a couple of main advantages of the iRiver? Price? Capacity? User-friendliness?

wouldn't the recordability function(able to record from any sound source) be the main advantage? You can't record from the booth onto an iPod, but the iRiver has this function, from what little I know. As soon as I can stop buying music for a month I will get mine(I want the 40gig w/color display).

• Yes the recording is the main attraction (it was for me anyway), it records to either .wav or .mp3.

iriver over ipod

16 hr batt life
    no software necessary - recognized as hard drive, just drag n drop
    FM tuner and recorder
    usb on the go (transfer digital pics directly from a camera)
    view pics and play video for much less $ than ipod photo
    plays most types of music files
    remote with lcd screen
    filetree (customizable) navigation (huge advantage over ipod)
    upgradable firmware

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

iriver over ipod

hate all you want. my ipod still owns you.

• iriver over ipod

hate all you want. my ipod still owns you.

Wow, that's flattering! I guess Ipods are ok after all....
    Cue - "Take me with you"

P.S. i'll have to send you a more updated recording, or better yet, our 45 when it comes out this fall...