Another Iraq Thread...Two Different Wars (NRR)

bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
By reading funksnotdead Iraq thread, it got me thinking about something else related thats really fuct....Another thing that is showing it's ugly head even more and more with this war in Iraq is how there are actually two wars going on right now. The one war right now is the war the upper class, high ranked and non-enlisted soldiers are fighting. Where although, they are experiencing battle-time, and some hairy situations, they are not nearly seeing the much grittier, treacherous side of whats going on which the enlisted, less educated, and lower class soldiers are seeing everyday. The reason I'm saying this is because, one of my best friends thats a Heli-CH47 Pilot for the Marine Corps had a tour in Iraq and saw hardly any grim shit while he was there (even while he was there for the whole massacre in Fallujah). He saw some fuct stuff, but not nearly close to the stories from reports that we've received from the foot soldiers on the front. It's crazy because when hearing both sides talk about the invasion, it seems like they are talking about two different wars.Not to bring Michael Moore in this, but this scenario further validates his point in F911 when he was showing the kids from the lower class and low economic areas getting sent to Iraq much easier than in the upper class neighborhoods. Mainly because the recruiters would go to the more busted neighborhoods to entice the kids that they'll be able to break out of there area by enlisting, which in turn means them returning home in a body bag.Man, one problem is that we're not being shown how fuct this situation is right now in Iraq, because it's beyond fuct!!Though, I gotta say that at least the true patriots, advocates, and people with compassion in this country have spoken out and mobilized a lot sooner than how our older generation spoke against the war in Vietnam. There are a load of great organizations that are battling these fuckers in the current administration. http://www.Moveon.org is a great one to list. I could name a lot more, but this is a good spot to start and take action. Also http://www.democracynow.org is a great source for unbiased journalism.respect.

Comments

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    they(federales) are working a major mojo propaganda psych - ops trick on us .
    what the people see on the tube in europe is way different from the crap
    they are shoving down are throats here.
    what is it going to take for the freaking fax of this mess to be reported & accounted

get me to a music thread fast.....

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts
    what is it going to take for the freaking fax of this mess to be reported & accounted

What we get in the media in Europe is a massively filtered version of events. It's still largely propaganda and bullshit.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

What we get in the media in Europe is a massively filtered version of events. It's still largely propaganda and bullshit.

right on, but everytime i check tv news in europe ,
    you got a different bbc than bbc-amerca,
    cnn international's scope is a bit wider
    & french, dutch & arab networks
    give a better balanced view
    than in america.
    as filtered as it is in europe,
    here it is pure smoke & mirrors
    mucho jacko + missing white women