Anyone feel that??

eliseelise 3,252 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
I was on the roof chilling,a nd then all of a sudden it started shaking. Looked up the news and it said So Cal had a quake today. b,121b,121Anyone else feel it.b,121b,121Man, not a good look being on a roof.

Comments

• I don't know. I may have felt something. Sometimes those little quakes I think to myself, "Was that a quake? Nah, probably just a garbage truck.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    my friend said she felt and she lives close to me.b,121b,121haha, I feel like such a dork.b,121b,121I dunno if I'm going back on that roof for a while img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" 21

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    so maybe just an aftershock?b,121b,121Im still going out to see James Pants...aint no shakin stopping me.b,121b,121unless its on a R img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" 21

• No I think that was the quake. That was like ten minutes ago, right? The time is UTC or GMT which makes it 4:35a right now.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    yeah i think it was 10 minutes ago.

• I felt it in Berkeley. Jolted the house for a second or two.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I felt something earlier, and thought it might've been a small quake.

• Feel that aftershock a few minutes ago? Hahaha! I love that usgs website.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    i think I missed that one. Looks as though im stayin in. Im too chicken shit to take the muni by myself at night.b,121b,121b,121damn.b,121b,121b,121And obviously not to used to earthquakes! hahah!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I said chicken shit, haha!

• welcome to the bay.b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121I painted a wall today and had an expedit full of books with some plants and glass birds on top of it just sitting in the middle of the room. It started shaking and I was thinking "oh shit, this doesn't look good."

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    haha! thank you img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21b,121b,121I guess coming from the midwest (even tho we just had a quake a few months back) makes it kinda weird.

• best earthquake experience I've had was hearing my roommate talk to a friend in Santa Cruz and hear him say "what? an earthquake?" and then literally 2 seconds later we felt it. It was one of those "the earth is funny" kind of things. It was like we got a warning and that's not typical. It sort of took away the "oh shit, what's happening" factor and kind of prepped me for it and almost let me enjoy it like "here it is!"b,121b,121I still remember skateboarding in front of my house in San Jose in 1989 with Mike Lee and the earthquake hitting. We both dropped to the ground and laid there. I went inside and my parents said the walls were rolling like waves. We had a "doughboy" pool (one of those half in half out of the ground pools) and my dad opened the back door and the earthquake created a wave that went right inside the house as he opened the door. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerbang.gif" alt="" 21

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    yesterday around 4pm i was sitting at home watching tv after a LONG day at work (12hrs) i got this weird tingle going up my spine and my hairs were standing up on my arm which has happened before prior earthquakes. told the wife that an earthquake was coming and sure as shit 9pm it hits. the wife says i freak her out when i do that. its just that i havent evolved that much yet. just a step above having my knuckles scrape the ground.

• Quote:h,121b,121yesterday around 4pm i was sitting at home watching tv after a LONG day at work (12hrs) i got this weird tingle going up my spine and my hairs were standing up on my arm which has happened before prior earthquakes. told the wife that an earthquake was coming and sure as shit 9pm it hits. the wife says i freak her out when i do that. its just that i havent evolved that much yet. just a step above having my knuckles scrape the ground. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY WHO MADE YOUR HAIR STAND ERECT AND YOUR SPINE TINGLE!

• you're such a jag-off. I can't believe after all these years I'm still surprised and your bitchmade-osity.

... i think you mean "at your bitchmade-osity"b,121b,121you need more engrish classes vato

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Quote:h,121b,121yesterday around 4pm i was sitting at home watching tv after a LONG day at work (12hrs) i got this weird tingle going up my spine and my hairs were standing up on my arm which has happened before prior earthquakes. told the wife that an earthquake was coming and sure as shit 9pm it hits. the wife says i freak her out when i do that. its just that i havent evolved that much yet. just a step above having my knuckles scrape the ground. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121thats pretty nice to have.b,121b,121It would be kinda creepy tho. Maybe the next time you have that feeling, you should post in on here, and see what happens?b,121b,121PSYCHIC.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Shoot I just posted like 10 posts of my SF traveloge in the SF thread and forgot to mention we felt an earthquack. It was close to 10pm Sat in Oakland trainstation.

• subsub 311 Posts
    Quote:h,121b,121I was on the roof chilling,a nd then all of a sudden it started shaking. Looked up the news and it said So Cal had a quake today. b,121b,121Anyone else feel it.b,121b,121Man, not a good look being on a roof. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121roof is the best place to be when there is an earthquake. i studied in istanbul for a semester where earthquakes are common too. a turkish guy told me a story that during the last earthquake everybody tryed to get out of the buildings and on the streets. only the japanese tourists who are familiar with earth quakes ran to the roof of the buildings as you're supposed to have the highest chance to survive there if the building colapses. maybe it was just a story though...b,121b,121also: always stand in the door frame. that is supposed to reduce the chance to get hit by the cealing coming down.