Comic-con 2008 Who's Going?

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited July 2008 in Strut Central
Anyone going to be there?I'm oging to be down there working for G4.ROLL CALL!

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    check your VMs.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Anyone going to be there?

I'm oging to be down there working for G4.

ROLL CALL!

You work for G4?

My wife's favorite shows are Ubeatable Banzuke and Ninja Warrior! They get pretty addictive.

If I were in SD, I would be at the Comicon, no doubt. I used to go to the big ones in Minneapolis as a kid. I remember buying my 'Giant Size X-Men#1' for $50 with cash I saved from doing stable cleaning! too bad I sold it later when I needed $$$ as a starving unemployed student!

As you were!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

ROLL CALL!

Plaese to report back who are the bigger geeks.

Record Geeks vs. Comic Book Geeks.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

ROLL CALL!

Record convention don't have girls like this running around.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I'm going to be down there working for G4.

ROLL CALL!

full report will be given.

Birdman:[/b] I occasionally do live programming for G4. I'm not involved in the ninja warriorish like stuff, but I am the man when it comes to conventions with gadgets and/or geeks

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

Record convention don't have girls like this running around.

true that! i went to the pittsburgh and motor city comic cons in recent weeks and there was some off the hook costumes going on. I was there in search of pre-code horror + atomic age sci-fi raers [which i did well with] but the eye-candy/bizarro factor was a nice bonus to the haggling with stinky overgrading tightwad dealers. at Motor city there was a whole gaggle of chix dressed up like princess leia when she was the desert slave. amongst the mostly washed up guests (like ferrigno, mickey dolenz, i.e. the usual con whores) was the much cooler joe pantaliano(sp?), distractedly signing stuff while gabbing on his cell. haha. wish i could get to SD one of these years, just for the spectacle. i hear its not really good for actual raer seeking anymore.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    ive tried to understand all the ebay goings on when it comes to comics but i dont get it. im trying to move my collection of comics that are mostly mid60s thru early80s. i would guess there is 100 collectibles and hundreds of misc. misc to me in the late 80s when i last looked at them. theyre all in plastic with cardboard backings sealed at the top with tape.

i dont want to mail off all these comics to some guy to grade them but is this the ONLY way at this point? will folks bid on my comics without the grading standard?

any advice?