Pitchfork Music Fest Chicago 7/18-7/20

fountain16fountain16 93 Posts
edited July 2008 in Strut Central
Anybody else going to be there. Mission Of Burma, Public Enemy, Dino J, Spiritualized, Animal Collective amongst others.I'll be there on saturday and sunday.F16

Comments

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    i'm not much for music fests but Whartscape is happening in Baltimore over those same dates with

Matmos
    Beach House
    Celebration
    Thank You
    Black Dice
    Oxes
    Dan Higgs
    Double Dagger
    Wzt Hearts

and like 75 other acts

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I've been to Pitchfork the past two years -- awesome festival, fairly cheap tickets, reasonably-priced beers and foods. Also... a record exchange!

Yet, I am leaning toward skipping it this year. Will definitely be at the preview event Thursday at Millennium Park for the free Fleet Foxes show. The three-day passes sold out before I was able to purchase some, however, so might grab a one-day tic to the All Tomorrows Parties extravaganza for Friday. Three albums in their entirety:

--Mission of Burma, Vs.
    --Sebadoh, Bubble and Scrape
    --Public Enemy, It Takes a Million

Last year's was simply the

Slint, GZA, Sonic Youth (Daydream Nation)

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    last year i heard the end of slint (zzz) all of gza (it was an ok performance but it was also the weirdest rap show ive ever been to, no one in the audience seemed to know any of the words) and the beginning of sonic youth (it was so quiet we could have conversations over the music at normal volume, wtf was up with that)

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I don't know. I was backstage, next to some huge speakers, smoking an L with some fly roller derby chicks and sipping complimentary beers.

But, yeah, the GZA show was a tad off, although not as odd as the Clipse show the next day. I can't hang with those hipster hops kids, "thugging" in dick pants.

• I'll be there slangin' posters and t-shirts all day erry day with the other Flatstock people (Sloppy White, stand up!)

Only groups I'm excited to check out are PE and Boris. El Guincho just cancelled :-----( but that dude put on the best performance I saw at SXSW in a living room with like 10 people watching. Google that shit.

Come by our booth and say AY!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    el guincho was the only non-raekwon show i wanted to see

o well im not paying for tix