Sending $1000+ record to...

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
hi fi audiophile jazz collectro japanese dude with unconfirmed paypal address.What to do?Is registered airmail enough?

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    hi fi audiophile jazz collectro japanese dude with unconfirmed paypal address.

What to do?

Is registered airmail enough?

FedEX that schitt. Or UPS. Or DHL.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i would do it signature confirmed and if he has good feedback

i have never been burned from the man in japan as a buyer or as a seller

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    registered mail is sufficient. should cost less than $20 (though I don't know with the recent rate increases). If you need it insured for full value, then I probably would go FedEx or UPS.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

so true, japanese man is a man of honor. Give him clean vintage jazz to play on his $10000 turntable and you would never hear from the man again. No chargebacks, just excellent instrument separation and bass player breathing with detail.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    fake sale alert!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

so true, japanese man is a man of honor. Give him clean vintage jazz to play on his $10000 turntable and you would never hear from the man again. No chargebacks, just excellent instrument separation and bass player breathing with detail.

one record that i've sent to japan got lost. i didn't send it registered. huge hassle. but registry is no insurance anyway. i tried to track down a package. if it gets lost, it's gone. i never found out what happened to it. it was last seen at an airport in france. FRANCE again!!!