MARVIN GAYE - WTF???

pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
From the American Bandstand episode guide on TV.Com:
3/18/1967 The Hard Times perform "Fortune Teller." Marvin Gaye sings "Little Darlin' I Need You." Note: This is probably the episode where Marvin sings "It Takes Two" (with a large rag doll taking the place of Kim Weston!!)[/b]
Marvin wasn't high or anything, was he?

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Marvin wasn't high or anything, was he?

Relatively speaking?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    She was probably in the hospital, and if it was
    a lipsynch job, he must not have wanted some chick
    to stand in and pretend she was Tammi.

The rag doll idea does seem a little out there, though.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I worked on a project with a makeup artist that worked on soultrain. She had some pretty interesting stories about margins drug use. I'll leave the details off the web, but let's just say dude was not part of reality when they met.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    sounds like an OG version of Me and the Biz clip....

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    sounds like an OG version of Me and the Biz clip....

No Idea's Original.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The question is whether he lipsynced the song, so the AB cameras focused on the ragdoll for Kim's part, or did Marvin sing live ommitting Westons' part?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    She was probably in the hospital, and if it was
    a lipsynch job, he must not have wanted some chick
    to stand in and pretend she was Tammi.

Well, the song was done with Kim Weston on record, so Tammi Terrell had nothing to do with this one.

The question is whether he lipsynced the song, so the AB cameras focused on the ragdoll for Kim's part, or did Marvin sing live ommitting Westons' part?

I'm sure it was the former, with the camera focusing on the rag doll. And I'll bet Marvin knew the score, so he just laffed his way through the song (I was half-kidding about him being too high to know the diff). It's still a bizarre idea, though...