Is it hot where you are?

2»

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    We're going over 100 here tomorrow. SF is supposed to get to 95 -- practically unheard of, especially this early in the year.

yeah -- they even had places like stinson beach and point reyes station lined up to hit 90+ yesterday. my girlfriend, her friend and i escaped to pescadero beach for the day and it must have been like 70-72 . sadly, i'm going to have to endure the shit from here on out.

I can't wait for the Texas summer heatwave to kick in just so that I can watch all the newly relocated Californians squirm.

I experienced Houston in July once. Once. I'm not exactly seeking out a return engagement. I deal with cold better than I deal with heat.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    We're going over 100 here tomorrow. SF is supposed to get to 95 -- practically unheard of, especially this early in the year.

yeah -- they even had places like stinson beach and point reyes station lined up to hit 90+ yesterday. my girlfriend, her friend and i escaped to pescadero beach for the day and it must have been like 70-72 . sadly, i'm going to have to endure the shit from here on out.

I can't wait for the Texas summer heatwave to kick in just so that I can watch all the newly relocated Californians squirm.

I experienced Houston in July once. Once. I'm not exactly seeking out a return engagement. I deal with cold better than I deal with heat.

Houston in July starts in April and doesnt end until after Thanksgiving

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    It's a little chilly in Chicago right now. I realize that's like saying "the Empire State Bldg. is big and a cat has a tail," but the weather is in one of those weird in-between spots where it can go from warm to cool to cold on the same day and no one knows what to wear. By next month it'll be more stable, but definitely not now.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    STICKY HUMID WITH AN AM MATINEE OF HAIL CHUCKIN', TORNADO TEASIN' THUNDERSTORMS THAT WOULD MAKE WALT DISNEY PROUD.

Damn, that storm last night was crazier than I realized...

http://www.statesman.com/news/mediahub/media/slideshow/index.jsp?tId=108527

Edit: I see you posted that this morning. Shit was no joke last night. Hail on the metal roof sounded like rounds of machine gun blasts.

I'm counting my blessings no trees went down on my property, I'm a shade away from Hyde Park.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    hot days in LA are no big deal cuz thats like almost every day. its the hot days with absolutely no breeze and the sky looks like a dirty sink and u can taste the air and all the dumpsters in ktown start brewing kimchee fonk. that shit sucks. earthquake weather indeed.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    It's a little chilly in Chicago right now. I realize that's like saying "the Empire State Bldg. is big and a cat has a tail," but the weather is in one of those weird in-between spots where it can go from warm to cool to cold on the same day and no one knows what to wear. By next month it'll be more stable, but definitely not now.

Sayin. I mentioned this above, actually. It's a little annoying. We're right on the "do-I-bring-a-jacket-or-not" border. As I also mentioned above, the ladies on the train are falling in the "bring-a-jacket" camp.

We've had some considerable storms recently, but compared to what's happening around the world, we can't really say shit.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    in the 90's in downtown SF today. skirts abound.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    DC's been cold. Its nice today (75 degrees) but last Sunday I saw Radiohead in a 45 degree downpour, which is not what May in the Nation's Capital is supposed to be like.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    STICKY HUMID WITH AN AM MATINEE OF HAIL CHUCKIN', TORNADO TEASIN' THUNDERSTORMS THAT WOULD MAKE WALT DISNEY PROUD.

Shit is so real right now. In Chicago we've been largely sitting pretty in the high 60's. It's nice, but I wish it would warm up just a tad. To my dismay (and, I'm assuming, to the dismay of the one Pickwick) the breezy weather is still keeping the girls on the train a little bundled up.

"Dismay" is right. I just got back from sunny New Orleans a couple of weeks ago, and the women are rocking the short skirts, tank tops, cowboy hats and good attitudes in full effect, causing woodies all over the bayou. Then I come back to THIS shit...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Edit: I see you posted that this morning. Shit was no joke last night. Hail on the metal roof sounded like rounds of machine gun blasts.

I'm counting my blessings no trees went down on my property, I'm a shade away from Hyde Park.

In my neighborhood, the storm Tuesday night was wose. We got a little hail both nights..but it kinda opened my eyes to the full extent of what happened last night when I drove along Enfield this morning and it looked somewhat like a disater area.

And yeah, there's a dead tree on the side of our house that I need to get chopped down pronto.

• thesolelifethesolelife 369 Posts
    Right now...

94 in Oakland
    94 in Sacramento- and its suppose to hit 100 today through Saturday

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    hot days in LA are no big deal cuz thats like almost every day. its the hot days with absolutely no breeze and the sky looks like a dirty sink and u can taste the air and all the dumpsters in ktown start brewing kimchee fonk. that shit sucks. earthquake weather indeed.

at least it's cooler than the valley?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Shit is so real right now. In Chicago we've been largely sitting pretty in the high 60's. It's nice, but I wish it would warm up just a tad. To my dismay (and, I'm assuming, to the dismay of the one Pickwick) the breezy weather is still keeping the girls on the train a little bundled up.

"Dismay" is right. I just got back from sunny New Orleans a couple of weeks ago, and the women are rocking the short skirts, tank tops, cowboy hats and good attitudes in full effect, causing woodies all over the bayou. Then I come back to THIS shit...

Right. I'm trying to break out and rock the HELL out of this number:

And it's skirting 50?? out here.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    damn, dinnit know TheSoleLife and WaxJunky rep San Francisco.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Q: What do you call a Frenchman in sandals?

do tell

Philippe Philoppe

In Portuguese Hip-Hop is pronounced "hippie-hoppie"

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

It's not the heat. They're probably junkies. They're everywhere out here.

It's hot as feez right now. I can't sleep in this shit. Windows open, no relief. Our puppy woke up at 3 AM last night and barfed on the bed. I think she was trying to tell us "fuck this heat!"

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Always, it is hot where ever I am.

I kid.

But really, I have never been so excited for the heat of summer.
    Inspired by the economic downfall I have spent the last 3 weeks
    planning and planting my first garden. I am tuckered out and have
    so much work left to do, but I am already being awarded with strength.
    And its fun to watch things grow.

It was 87 here today and supposed to be nice all weekend.

Couldn't be happier....until it gets too hot and Im sure it will be
    all around

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    51 degrees and raining in NYC (in the middle of May)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

But really, I have never been so excited for the heat of summer.
    Inspired by the economic downfall I have spent the last 3 weeks
    planning and planting my first garden. I am tuckered out and have
    so much work left to do, but I am already being awarded with strength.
    And its fun to watch things grow.