Lance Reddick - Actor / Musician

magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Lance Reddick

Who would of thought that dude was making moves as a jazz singer ?

Comments

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    for some reason a ton of jazz singers dabble in acting

btw, his singing is kinda awful

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Eight friends sounds about right. I like the man's work as an actor and would rather not have the memory of his singing efforts clouding my mind next time I watch him.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    yeah his music kinda sucks. peep the Cadillac commercial, i can imagine him turning to his son after recieving the ubiquitous sweater vest and delivering in trademark Cedric Daniels style, 'This is Bullllscchhiiitt'.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Kinda sounds like Andy Bey-lite to me, so I wouldn't characterize it as bad at all. Not the kind of thing that will get him rich on the Jazz circuit. Hope he keeps concentrating on acting, because he is a compelling presence on the screen.

Similarly, I just read one of those quicky Q&A's in the paper with Terrence Howard, who was giving the interviewer the whole "I would give it all up for my music, acting is just a lucky lark" line, and I still hope he was just pulling her leg. He was saying how he has this Bill Withers-type music thing that he wants to concentrate on and tour with.....

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

For some reason a ton of WIRE cast members dabble in making really bad music.

Seriously, is there any core cast member who doesn't have musical aspirations? McNulty maybe?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

McNulty maybe?

I suspect he dabbles in river dance.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    his singing is kinda awful

major understatement!

McNulty maybe?

I suspect he dabbles in river dance.

hahaha I just peeped his wikipedia page to see if there were any musical mentions and I came across this wiki-riffic statement:

He is well known for his skill with accents. Sometimes he uses his real British accent when playing characters imitating other accents.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Seriously, is there any core cast member who doesn't have musical aspirations? McNulty maybe?

What? Is there a Felicia Pearson sings Janis Ian and Linda Tillery record out there I don't know about?

I am thinking of going as Snoop for Halloween, including nail gun. I think people will just think I'm a construction worker. Which is what I went as last year.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

He is well known for his skill with accents. Sometimes he uses his real British accent when playing characters imitating other accents.

He did this in that horrible movie, Rockstar. I didnt know that is his og accent.

He did this in that horrible movie, Rockstar. I didnt know that is his og accent.

I saw that too. But wasn't he playing a British dude in that movie? In which case, how does this represent a case of his "uisng his real British accent when playing characters imitating other accents"?

I cram to understand.

Plus the whole "known for his skill with accents" is suspect. I'm not one of those that thought that his B-more accent was totally awful, but nonetheless Idris Elba he ain't. Or even Aidan Gillen.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

What? Is there a Felicia Pearson sings Janis Ian and Linda Tillery record out there I don't know about?

No, but she's got an awful rap record with Tony Yayo:

ewf for days. sadly, she rapps better than yayo.

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    I read an article recently about Terrence Howard talking that shit about how he wants to focus on music but they didn't mention his interests or influences as being Bill Whithers he described it more as Carpenters, Jim Croce sounding ish. Which really through me for a loop cause I didn't think ones tastes could get more - I dunno - than that.

Also Idris Elba dabbles in music too as DJ Big Dris or some shit like that. I used to work with this girl who I think was his side thing for a minute. She was fly as shit. Prolly still is but she passed off one of his CDs to me and told me to listen to it. I could not make it past the first 5 seconds of each track. Actually not true I skipped through each track for maybe 5 to 10 seconds and it wasn't anything that I would buy. It was like acapellas with his beats under them and it just wasn't my thing.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    That Terrence Howard project sounds like Bernie Williams.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

I saw that too. But wasn't he playing a British dude in that movie? In which case, how does this represent a case of his "uisng his real British accent when playing characters imitating other accents"?

I cram to understand.

Plus the whole "known for his skill with accents" is suspect. I'm not one of those that thought that his B-more accent was totally awful, but nonetheless Idris Elba he ain't. Or even Aidan Gillen.

Uhhh I really didnt follow that movie to well. I thought it was mindnumbingly retarded. All I retained from that terd was mcnutly talking like an English man.
    and Jennifer Aniston is foooyyyyynnnnee