Where do you get your news?

guy_alcindorguy_alcindor 621 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
This is directed at US heads, what websites do you go to regularly for national news? This question came to mind after thinking about where I would go for current news on the US campaign race (from a US source) and really all I could muster was CNN????? NPR???? What's the most reliable trustworthy source for y'all?

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    soulstrut

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    A brother named George and some 151.

No wait, that's where I get my funk from.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    drudgereport.com, digg.com largely.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Is not the number of the girl down the street news?

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    http://www.nbc4.com/news/index.html

i'm more interested in local news.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Is not the number of the girl down the street news?

On line? Soulstrut, cnn, google for research.

I read the local paper every morning. Funnies, local, opinion and then if there is time front page and sports.

Most of my news comes from NPR/PRI. I hear at least a little of Morning Edition and ATC everyday. I also listen when I can to, Market Place, The World, Terry Gross, BBC World News and other news shows whose names escape me.

TV? No.

Most of my news comes from NPR/PRI. I hear at least a little of Morning Edition and ATC everyday. I also listen when I can to, Market Place, The World, Terry Gross, BBC World News and other news shows whose names escape me.

Is The Takeaway available in your market yet? If so, I'm curious to hear your feedback. It's getting mixed reviews.

• Where does Rock get his news?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Is The Takeaway available in your market yet? If so, I'm curious to hear your feedback. It's getting mixed reviews.

No. Have not heard of it yet. Our station is almost all news now and there are a slew of shows. Some we don't get like Diane Reams. We get a BBC call in show that is cool because people call from Nigeria and Biafra, but I rarely listen because the host and callers are screaming all the time. Our weekend line up is pretty lame now. Studio 360 is ok, but Weekend America is weak and What Do You Know? is unlistenable, Rick Steves and some other news/culture magazines just do not compare to Wait Wait, or This American Life.

No. Have not heard of it yet. Our station is almost all news now and there are a slew of shows. Some we don't get like Diane Reams. We get a BBC call in show that is cool because people call from Nigeria and Biafra, but I rarely listen because the host and callers are screaming all the time. Our weekend line up is pretty lame now. Studio 360 is ok, but Weekend America is weak and What Do You Know? is unlistenable, Rick Steves and some other news/culture magazines just do not compare to Wait Wait, or This American Life.

Tell me about it. We don't air several shows I'd like because of our commitment to classical, jazz, and celtic music. The competing NPR station kills us. Even KitchenKnight???whose wife works for our station???listens to the competition. Still, our organization is more focused on the TV side, anyway.

That BBC call-in show is alright. I was at a broadcasting convention once and they did the show live from the ballroom of the convention. Very scattershot in the issues it addresses, but I guess that's the price you pay for a worldwide audience.