how bout we talk about that piece of shit mccain?

2»

Comments

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Took long enough but the media is finally getting around to looking at other people's pastors:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/14/us/pol...3b99&ei=5087%0A

Finally...the fact that Obama is getting skewered for Rev. Wright, while McCain can galavant with the Falwell's and Hagee's of the world, is sickening.

McCain neutered himself in '04 to slurp up on Bush's jock, and court the base. All 'maverickism,' and 'straight talk,' and respect I may have had for him flew out the window right then. FUCK John McCain.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Took long enough but the media is finally getting around to looking at other people's pastors:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/14/us/pol...3b99&ei=5087%0A

Any Church or Preacher that speaks politics from the pulpit should have their tax-free standing terminated.

Parsley is even further out there then Hagee.

Then there is this clown....

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Dolo or Saba wont defend McCain. They might do some McCain style attack on you. How dare you call that great man a fiasco?

saba is wayyyy too busy getting paid thousands of dollars being taken out to lunch and dinner everyday at five star restaurants to make time in his busy schedule to defend against attacks from little guys - i barely have time to go on ebay to purchase all the raers i want.

saba is wayy too busy taking orders from his 25 year old boss, who is going easy on him now, but will own him come graduation.

and if you think you don't have free time now....

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Marietta bar owner Mike Norman says the T-shirts he???s peddling, featuring a look-a-like of cartoon chimp Curious George peeling a banana, with ???Obama in ???08″ underneath, are not meant to offend.

Norman acknowledged the imagery???s Jim Crow roots but said he sees nothing wrong with depicting a prominent African-American as a monkey. We???re not living in the (19)40???s,??? he said. ???Look at him . . . the hairline, the ears ??? he looks just like Curious George.???About a dozen prostestors rallied against the shirts Tuesday afternoon, condemning them as racist and asking Norman, longtime proprietor of Mulligan???s Bar and Grill on Roswell Street, to stop selling them.

Marietta native Pam Lindley, 47, joined the protest after reading about the controversy online.

???I don???t want people to think this is what Marietta is all about,??? she added, motioning towards the tavern. ???This is what some people think the South is still like. Marietta???s come a long way but I guess it???s still got a little ways to go.???

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Marietta bar owner Mike Norman says the T-shirts he???s peddling, featuring a look-a-like of cartoon chimp Curious George peeling a banana, with ???Obama in ???08″ underneath, are not meant to offend.

Norman acknowledged the imagery???s Jim Crow roots but said he sees nothing wrong with depicting a prominent African-American as a monkey. We???re not living in the (19)40???s,??? he said. ???Look at him . . . the hairline, the ears ??? he looks just like Curious George.???About a dozen prostestors rallied against the shirts Tuesday afternoon, condemning them as racist and asking Norman, longtime proprietor of Mulligan???s Bar and Grill on Roswell Street, to stop selling them.

Marietta native Pam Lindley, 47, joined the protest after reading about the controversy online.

???I don???t want people to think this is what Marietta is all about,??? she added, motioning towards the tavern. ???This is what some people think the South is still like. Marietta???s come a long way but I guess it???s still got a little ways to go.???

Travelling outside of the Atlanta city limits = never recommended

Can't wait for Hillary to give some insanse speech today tawmbout "The poor white people of West Virginia have given me a mandate to stay in the race! It's full speed ahead to the White House! Rooouuuwwwrr!"

Or did she already do that last night?

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

Travelling outside of the Atlanta city limits = never recommended

Years ago a good friend of mine moved to Atlanta and I went went down to visit a few times. The first time I drove from Atlanta to Athens I could hear the banjo picking wafting through the air, along with the smell of boiled peanut stands.

she said that the dem nominee will need to win swing states, which she has done, and therefore the huge WVA win, combined with other wins in states like ohio and pa, present an argument that the dems need her to beat mccain. her more persuasive argument, imo, was simply - you guys haven't given up on voting for me, so that's why i'm not giving up.

the problem for hillary, image wise, is that, since she has no shot of winning the electoral delegates - she'd have to go to the convention and convince the superdelegates to vote against the will of the people. nagl.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

the problem for hillary, image wise, is that, since she has no shot of winning the electoral delegates - she'd have to go to the convention and convince the superdelegates that a vote for her IS the will of the people. DELUSIONAL. [/b]

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Can't wait for Hillary to give some insanse speech today tawmbout "The poor white people of West Virginia have given me a mandate to stay in the race! It's full speed ahead to the White House! Rooouuuwwwrr!"

Or did she already do that last night?

Yeah, she did.

she said that the dem nominee will need to win swing states, which she has done, and therefore the huge WVA win, combined with other wins in states like ohio and pa, present an argument that the dems need her to beat mccain.

"I can split the racist vote with McCain--you need me!"

so 19 million racists democrats voted for hillary? she won ny and cali too.

western and central NY state - Hillary Clinton territory - is FAR different from New York City. Has more in common with Western and Central PA. Townies, dude.

Not to mention even south of Westchester, there's plenty of conservative pockets in Queens, Long Island, and outer Brooklyn.

Since when was West Virginia a swing state??

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Since when was West Virginia a swing state??

It's all in the Private Political Mind Garden

"No candidate has won the presidency without winning West Virginia!" - H. Clinton last night

it is a swing state. '92 and '96 - dem. '00 and '04 - gop.

WV has a pretty tiny population and only 5 electoral college votes. The state went for Clinton twice but otherwise has a pretty solid history of voting Republican for president. It's not at all in play for Obama, wouldn't have been no matter what.

It's not at all in play for Obama, wouldn't have been no matter what.

exactly her point...

... and it's a moot one - Obama has put other states in play and brought hundreds of thousands of new voters into the process. He'll be alright without WV.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    ... and it's a moot one - Obama has put other states in play and brought hundreds of thousands of new voters into the process. He'll be alright without WV.

Yea thats really the point here.

i think the overall point is that the race is over. But..

if the race were close enough that mich & florida and/or the super delegates were the ultimate deciding factor, the most persuasive argument from either candidate would be about who could win the swing states.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Dolo or Saba wont defend McCain. They might do some McCain style attack on you. How dare you call that great man a fiasco?

saba is wayyyy too busy getting paid thousands of dollars being taken out to lunch and dinner everyday at five star restaurants to make time in his busy schedule to defend against attacks from little guys - i barely have time to go on ebay to purchase all the raers i want.

I think they may be sending me to Budapest for a week or two - so fill me in on how far your McCain derangement syndrome has progressed when i get back, if you're not already foaming at the mouth and have to be put-down.

xxx
    ooo

Saba

YOu sound almost EXACTLY like Dolo in this post. I knew the GOP had a big enough tent for the both of you.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    WV has a pretty tiny population and only 5 electoral college votes. The state went for Clinton twice but otherwise has a pretty solid history of voting Republican for president. It's not at all in play for Obama, wouldn't have been no matter what.

I'm with you about the WV math not adding up to a huge setback for Obama, but I wouldn't characterize the state as having a solid republican voting history. It's actually leaned more toward Democratic candidates in the past.

WEST VIRGINIA VOTING HISTORY

Last 10 Elections ( State voted with the overall winning candidate)
    D
    R
    D
    D
    R
    D
    D
    D
    R
    R

huh. I stand corrected - I was reading another site that said it had leaned Rep for president but Dem for congress.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Last 10 Elections ( State voted with the overall winning candidate)
    D
    R
    D
    D
    R
    D
    D
    D
    R
    R

Dixiecrat.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

I'm with you about the WV math not adding up to a huge setback for Obama, but I wouldn't characterize the state as having a solid republican voting history. It's actually leaned more toward Democratic candidates in the past.

Last 10 Elections
    ( State voted with the overall winning candidate)
    ^^^ Above statement is false:

D But R won
    R
    D
    D But R won
    R
    D But R won
    D
    D
    R But D won (the popular vote and the electoral college if the Flordia vote had been counted, even with the thousands of disenfranchised Florida voters.)
    R

WVA has been fairly loyal for the Dems, but I think when they have won it has been despite WVA, not because of.

Missouri is the state that always votes for the winner and is thus considered important. History moves forward not backward. The real important states now are the Western states. If Obama wins Idaho (He beat Hillary there 2 to 1) no one will care about WVA. In fact, today Hillary is the only one who cares about WVA, no one will campaign there in the fall.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

I think they may be sending me to Budapest for a week or two - so fill me in on how far your McCain derangement syndrome has progressed when i get back, if you're not already foaming at the mouth and have to be put-down.

xxx
    ooo

Saba

YOu sound almost EXACTLY like Dolo in this post.

Yeah, but I actually own records.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Sounds familiar.