(fantasy) Premier League roundup

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Things aren't looking great for Arsenal at the moment though, with Flamini gone, Hleb going, talk of Adebayor wanting massive wage rises and obvious interest from big clubs in Fabregas - particulary from his hometown by Real Madrid...

I know I will wear some rose-colored glasses, but fools need to chill about the Arsenal impending demise. If anything, just recall the same shit people were saying last year after Henry left. Last I recall, we were supposed to get ousted by the Spurs for a CL spot this season.

I wasn't talking about any impending demise at all, ha and believe me I definitely wasn't one of the ones toting Spurs for top 4!

i agree that if Arsenal want to continue to challenge for the League and the CL, they will need to revise their payment structure, especially for players already on the team.

This was really what I meant. Although Wenger does an amazing job building great squads for fractions of the amounts others pay, once the players establish themselves as great players, they will either want pay rises or out - and Arsenal don't seem too keen on accomodating pay rises.

Take Adebayor, scores 30 or so this season, is obviously an amazing, young, gifted player. He's on about ??35k a week, elsewhere he would be on ??100k, like Torres at Liverpool. If Arsenal want to compete, they have to get their wallets out.

Shit, 9 days from now, if CFC lose a game (that is likely fixed)[/b], they will have a starting roster that costs around 200M and will have earned them absolutely nothing for the year.

Why is it likely fixed?

And ManU is now on it's second season with reporting a loss (89M this year).

Not sure where your figures are from, but United aren't in financial trouble really, it's interest from the loan Glazier took out to buy the club and I'm pretty sure its a lot less than that (unless you mean $).

Arsenal could probably just suck it up and get a Billionaire (red & white) to bankroll their squad, but they would do so at what i see as enormous risk to control of the club. I think it their case, the devil you do know is better than the devil you don't.

It's never really in the fans hands anyway though if this kind of thing happens. I never wanted Glazier at United, but there's little influence fans can have over big money deals between millionaires.

And as for Chelsea-Messi rumours, I think the figures and stuff are paper talk really, Chelsea routinely get linked to the biggest players in the world for obscene amounts of money - some are true, a lot aren't. If it is true though at least Chelsea are looking to buy players in young and yet to reach their peak than huge flops like Shevchenko!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

It's never really in the fans hands anyway though if this kind of thing happens. I never wanted Glazier at United, but there's little influence fans can have over big money deals between millionaires.

Mr Rob, you need to get with the FC United guys and their uber-chant
    sung of course to the tune of Anarchy in the UK:

I am an FC fan
    I am Mancunian
    I know what I want and I know how to get it
    I wanna destroy Glazer and Sky
    cause iiiiii.......
    wanna be.......
    FC!!

Fans of big enough clubs have every chance to force issues with their owners, if they have enough commitment in decent size.
    The Glazers though have proved to be reasonably benevolent I reckon.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ha ha I like the chant to at directed towards city:

(To smooth criminal)

"City are you OK? City are you OK? Are you OK City? You've been bought by, you've been bought by, a war criminal"

Simple but effective ha ha.

I know what you mean that fans can do something though. But like you say, the Glaziers haven't been bad recently after oustin everyone from the board.