good West Virginia eats? / Indiana record spots?

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
I shoulda posted before my family embarked, but we are in Greenfield, Indiana bout to go to my cousin's wedding this afternoon. I may get a chance to break out for a bit of record hunting. ...anywhere to go? I see a lot in Indianapolis, but might not be able to go beyond the Eastern side.Also, my family loves stopping in West Virginia on the way (good halfway point) to eat. And it wrenches my stomach every time. Shoney's just about killed me last time. ...this time I convinced them to hit up the Schlotsky's and that sucked too. I saw a little juice bar... is there anywhere good to eat in WV thats not too far off the beaten path? maybe with some vegetarian options?shouts to travel strut

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    killer flea market/antique mall in Terra Haute...good records, the only thing that limited my haul was the amount of money I had...

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    is there anywhere good to eat in WV thats not too far off the beaten path? maybe with some vegetarian options?

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA -

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

dude, that "V" word isn't even in their vocabulary. there is no panda garden in WV. your family should pack a lunch and just drive right through that creepy-ass state.

• Black Bear Burritos 132 Pleasant St, Morgantown, WV

Mountain Peoples Kitchen 1400 University Ave, Morgantown, WV

Those are pretty decent vegetarian/vegan eatery's.

There are no records in WV either.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Black Bear Burritos 132 Pleasant St, Morgantown, WV

Mountain Peoples Kitchen 1400 University Ave, Morgantown, WV

Those are pretty decent vegetarian/vegan eatery's.

There are no records in WV either.

Lies!

• ?

I went to WVU, I found records, you just gotta dig hawrd.

• I gotcha. I know there are plenty of records in WV. I was just playing around. I'm just used to OH and PA collectors pillaging everything.

• deeseldeesel 61 Posts
    I've never really done any digging on the Eastside of Indianapolis, but there should be a spot or two in Irvington, which is a few miles east of downtown. If you can make it to the near-Northside, definitely do it. Lots of thrifts and also the Missing Link record store.

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    Record huntn' in WV is a strange endeavor. Records present though. You have to have an iron stomach for WV food. Grocery stores?

Eat at Bob Evans. Shoney's is good for feedbagging, but not a solid stop.

• Terra Haute

Terra Alta actually but, yeah that's spots pretty good- I've been picking at it for about three years and always find something.

Morgantown suggestions on point. Really the only city I would really be trying to eat at in WV. Solara is a fusion-y south american spot that is good and a little upscale. Black bear is good for fake ethinic burritos (tofu, local produce and shit), Ogawa is about as good as sushi could be for WV. Maxwells is a vegetarian friendly lesbian owned cave of a spot. Cafe of India is by far the best Indian food around here and vegetarian. Asian garden is thai and malaysian and really good. Puglioni's is home mad italian and really good too. Those are all Morgantown. Be warned though alot of shit is not open on sundays (biblebelt!) unless it's a major chain- but we got all that garbage too if you just want Olive garden with the fam. There are tons of records in West Virginia shit is just kinda more creepy than normal.

MATT

• SoulpowerSoulpower 204 Posts
    is there anywhere good to eat in WV thats not too far off the beaten path?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    thanks for the recommendations and good-natured clon.
    we roll out early tomorrow so we'll see where we end up...
    I picked up some records in Greenfield yesterday, but nothing spectacular.

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    black bear in mo-town is cool, but if you go further west, till your almost in ohio you should check out Gran Ranchero (formerly El Ranchero) in Parkersburg, WV... some of the best Mexican food i've ever had

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    When in Charleston, try Graziano's Pizza. If driving by Beckley, try the Tamarack for average food, killer Appalachian Mountain?? local sauces and discount Fiesta?? Ware.

And don't forget to vote for Obama while you're there.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Or this guy:

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Ogawa is about as good as sushi could be for WV.

LOL! I would not eat sushi in West Virginia if you paid me $100.00!!!!!