SANDLER'S FRIEND

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
they really shouldnt be making movies except for grandmas boy. he's the only one with a smidge of talent. anyways i saw the new straight to dvd happy madison movie. i dont remember the name but its about a wilderness tv reality show crew and their hijinks. if u think of it as a straight to dvd movie, its actually not bad. some heavyweights in there including ernest borgnine!

Comments

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Is this the one with the kid from Superbad? That was actually in the movies for about 5 minutes...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    yeah thats the one. wow, it was actualy in theatres? did not know that.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Man, even sandler fell the fuck off.
    chuck and larry was horrible and the new one, zohan or whatever, looks worse..

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    zohan looks awesome[/b]..

ok for reference this movie has the grandma's boy dude, the fat kid from superbad, the fat dude from beerfest, steve zahn, some hot chick, ernest borgnine, bigfoot, the one nerdy dude that played ringo starr in dewey cocks. pretty good comic line up if u ask me.

oh yeah. and sandlers friend.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Man, even sandler fell the fuck off.

Well, to be fair, it wasn't exactly a big fall.

Every Adam Sandler comedy in a nutshell: "Hey, I wonder if the retarded guy will save the day. Yup, he sure did. Wasn't I supposed to be laughing, though?"

i actually think 50 first dates is a fairly interesting flick with some serious philosophical issues. i mean, its not great and dont expect some bergman type shit, but for a hollywood throwaway comedy, it actually deals with some interesting things.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    i actually think 50 first dates is a fairly interesting flick with some serious philosophical issues. i mean, its not great and dont expect some bergman type shit, but for a hollywood throwaway comedy, it actually deals with some interesting things.

actually this was, IMO, among the WORST dumb Sandler comedies of recent years. but that may be due largely to the fact that I find Drew Barrymore insufferable.

yeah, its a real conflict for me cuz this movie has all the makings of a horrible flick. but i cant lie to myself. i like the movie. i like drew barrymore. and its a brilliant half hearted b-movie take on eastern philosophy wrapped in a tea leaf.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    zohan looks awesome[/b]..

I thought the TV ads for this made it look funny ...

... and then I saw the full trailer in the theater and it looked