frickin cats.

djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
i get home late, it's 3am and the cat, reggie, is focusing hard on something in my closet in the tv room. i closed the door and head into my bedroom, which is on the other side of the closet and there is a cold air return that he ripped the cover off of some time ago right near the floor. he follows me and he's slowly sticking his head in and focusing hard on something. if i move, he flips out and cautiously tip-toes back over. okay, now he's just intent and my moving does nothing. the cold air return goes directly into the basement - about 2 feet? he just walks slowly up to it and easily keeps putting his head into it. now he's just walking from the cold return to the closet in the other room and back. slowly. intently. he's FREAKING ME THE FUCK OUT. now he's just sitting on the corner of my bed staring at the return. this is the part of the movie that i wonder why they don't just get out of the house!nighty night.

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    Reggie has to get off the crystal. No one can help Reggie but Reggie. Not the cold return. Not Soulstrut.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    Not Soulstrut.

not good to fight addiction with addiction.

santo gold is on the conan rerun i'm watching on nbc.com. i likes.

40 minutes since i got home and the cat is still at it.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts

40 minutes since i got home and the cat is still at it.

I don't believe you. If he was at it for 40 minutes, then he wouldn't have the effort to bother you during Conan let alone shovel piss clumps in the litter box.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    my ex girl left 5 kittens in my house when i wasnt home and then left for thailand for a month. talk about vengeance. cuteness factor wore off quick as they started ripping my whole world to shreds. i corraled them into the kitchen to minmize the damage...its like a tornado of food,water, piss, litter, shit, knickknacks in there. i put down newspaper and they ripped it up and got it all over the place. i made the mistake of giving them a little catnip the other day. talk about tweakers.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    5 kittens is no joke. 1 is bad enough.

its freaks me out though when they get stuck on something that we can't see. he's done it before here, watched something intently that i just couldn't see. my house is a 119 years old and i wonder what has gone on here in those long years.