CALLIGRAPHERS

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
hi i dont know what the rules are for trolling but i am trying to put together a calligraphy show and was wondering if anyone here fucks with calligraphy or knows someone who does?i am specifically[/b] talking about arabic/farsi calligraphy with emphasis on tugras, baybayin pilipino handstyles, amharic ethiopian calligraphy, sumi-e, sanskrit. if this is you contact me.we will be opening an art gallery of sorts in the midcity area of LA. i say "gallery of sorts" cuz neither i nor my partners have any clue as to what we are doing when it comes to high art or galleries nor do any of us go to galleries. we are opening this space so that the folks that come into the shop, usually young kids that dont have access to museums can be exposed to other forms of art that they may never see. in other words, instead of having kids in the neighborhood go to museums we want the museum to come to the kids. ok if u can help or participate, this is for u. we are offering a 25% gallery cut for us and yes i have been told this is really low but like i said its not about money on our end. the only other caveat is that if u are interested u have to be local or willing to fly your own ass out here as we really want u to write so the folks can see what it is u do. ok that is long winded. bye bye! psgrandpa loves u!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Nice idea.

"SHIG IS FOR THE CHILDREN!!!"

• That'd be dope. I love arabic/farsi calligraphy...check you tube for some nice styles.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Why not get in contact with your 'local' Mosque or Synagogue, I'm sure they must know people.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    yes. i am actually scouring the local churches and community centers for scribes and will be doing a whirlwind tour of local arts non-profits with some lacity folks. im trying to get in good with our district, district 10. im just trying to turn over every rock at the moment.

• This Dutch legend has done some pretty cool calligraphy:

http://www.nielsshoemeulman.com/

Press on building 5 from the left to see some of it.

[url=http://www.calligraffiti.nl/[/url]

Peace,

Dress

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    hi i dont know what the rules are for trolling but i am trying to put together a calligraphy show and was wondering if anyone here fucks with calligraphy or knows someone who does?

i am specifically[/b] talking about arabic/farsi calligraphy with emphasis on tugras, baybayin pilipino handstyles, amharic ethiopian calligraphy, sumi-e, sanskrit. if this is you contact me.

we will be opening an art gallery of sorts in the midcity area of LA. i say "gallery of sorts" cuz neither i nor my partners have any clue as to what we are doing when it comes to high art or galleries nor do any of us go to galleries. we are opening this space so that the folks that come into the shop, usually young kids that dont have access to museums can be exposed to other forms of art that they may never see. in other words, instead of having kids in the neighborhood go to museums we want the museum to come to the kids. ok if u can help or participate, this is for u. we are offering a 25% gallery cut for us and yes i have been told this is really low but like i said its not about money on our end. the only other caveat is that if u are interested u have to be local or willing to fly your own ass out here as we really want u to write so the folks can see what it is u do. ok that is long winded. bye bye!

ps

grandpa loves u!

^^^^^SHAMEFUL ATTEMPT TO HAVE WEDDING INVITATIONS PREPARED FREE OF CHARGE

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    This Dutch legend has done some pretty cool calligraphy:

http://www.nielsshoemeulman.com/

Press on building 5 from the left to see some of it.

Peace,

Dress

this is nice! however, it is not at all what i am talking about. the idea is to expose inner city young people to foreign letterforms and ideas with an emphasis on showing how "writers" were once held in high regard among religious circles and how their letters and penmanship were on a certain level exhaltations to god or whoevers.

that and i need wedding flyers made.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    plaese to check PMs