Can we get more Reggae Soul?

phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Months ago, there was a thread on reggae soul with accompanying mp3's. Can we get more of this stuff? Thanks.

Comments

• Post deleted by picoandsepulveda

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    I have s*itloads. what r u looking for?

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

Word? I guess I'm looking for covers by reggae artists of classic soul and R&B tunes. Bonus points if you have any mixes of that.

And I like an order of those fresh spring rolls with extra fish sauce (your avatar pic) - Holla.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

Word? I guess I'm looking for covers by reggae artists of classic soul and R&B tunes. Bonus points if you have any mixes of that.

And I like an order of those fresh spring rolls with extra fish sauce (your avatar pic) - Holla.

Something like this?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    http://www.divshare.com/download/4324710-1ef

i made this quick lil mix a few weeks ago and it has a trinidadian interpolation of "amen, brother" and a cover of "some day we'll be together" by the mustangs.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

Something like this?

Fusk yes! Beautiful song -- artist please (sorry if that's an ignorant question).

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I just put up a mix on my page with a lot of reggae soul covers in it.

The same, but different.

Something like this?

Fusk yes! Beautiful song -- artist please (sorry if that's an ignorant question).

John Holt. Dude had some good covers. Though if someone here could go deeper with some MP3s I would appreciate it as well.

These songs do sound great on a day like today.

One more, then I have to plant tomatoes and pull weeds.

• can anyone name the artist that did this tune originally? it is originally a soul tune.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    FEEL LIKE MAKIN LOVE

this kinda kicks ass

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts

can anyone name the artist that did this tune originally? it is originally a soul tune.

Never ran into to the original of that, always thought it was hers. Pure fire 45

• i know who does the original just thought i'd throw some trivia out there... and yes her version is without question a scorcher. uk coxsone from 1967.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    there's a blank sided with Soul Boys Blood Pressure which is what I have here

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    and who?

• who what?

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    sang the OG

Sound Dimension - "Soulful Strut"

• there's a blank sided with Soul Boys Blood Pressure which is what I have here

uk island red & white right?

yeah that soul boys tune is fire. the other side of my uk blue coxsone press (fat fish) is not nearly as good as that blood pressure tune... you are lucky.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    No, CS-Dodd blank

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    As far as I know I think you can only get that Soul Boys tunes on one of 2 blanks

• yeah but it got a uk release on an island red & white 45 miscredited to Rita and with that soul boys tune on the flip... check tapirs.... regardless of a blank or not you are lucky... that soul boys tune is wicked.

here is the original:

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Thanks. Any audio? or do you have it?

• nope... but if you find it shoot me the mp3.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Here's a snip of the Lundy.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts

NORMA FRAZIER....The First Cut Is The Deepest, lovely.
    Also doesn't the intro sound like a lost sample? But it isn't... love creepy keyboards.

• Here's a snip of the Lundy.

nice!

thank you.