Hillary Needs To Shutdawhuckup!

2»

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    HILLARY STOPPER #1[/b]

I don't see any way that Michelle Obama would even let Barack consider Hillary as a VP after all the shit she's put them through. Even on some fundamental protect and stand-by-your-man steeze. It's not happening.

huh? what makes you think (a) Obama would consider doing that, or (b) that his wife somehow would represent the voice of reason if he did? Are you suggesting there'd be some estrogen-induced cat fight between Hillary and Michelle? that she'd never allow an alternate female power source in the house? or just that Obama doesn't know what's good for him and needs his wife to put him on track. plaese to explain suspect poast.

Comin' from where she's comin' from? Hell yes.

You don't think any of this has been personal?

Imagine Michelle seein' Hillary with her feet up on the Oval couch every morning after a year of divisive and racialized efforts to discredit their family and name.

It's not just some switch you flip back the other way.

What about that don't you understand?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Edwards would be worse than Clinton. He brings nothing. Experience? No. Foreign policy? No. Votes? No. He can't even win his own state for creeps sake.

Gore has already been VP, I'm sure he does not want it again. If Clinton drags this to the convention we may very well see a Gore/Obama ticket and the Clinton's put on a bus to Arkansas.

Bill Richardson? White? Yes. Hispanic? Yes. Southern State? Yes. Western State? Yes. Experience? Yes. Foreign Policy? Yes.

He has big negatives. The same people (15% of Americans?) who think that Obama is a closet Muslim will think Richardson is from Mexico. But any pick will have negatives.

I like Max Clealand of Georgia. I also like Kitzhaber, ex-governor from Oregon who was a emergency room doctor and is a health care policy expert. But that aint happening.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Jim Webb is a name that gets thrown around and sounds good.

Regarding Hillary as veep it just won't happen. No presidential hopeful in his right mind would allow the Clintons back in the white house. Not even on the lawn. Not in the Lincoln Bedroom. Not at all.

You let Hillary back in she'll be calling world leaders and Barack will be fetching her coffee. You let Bill back in and he'll be boning some young lobbyist intern in the washroom, smoking stoagies and drinking tumblers of scotch with GHWB.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    HILLARY STOPPER #1[/b]

I don't see any way that Michelle Obama would even let Barack consider Hillary as a VP after all the shit she's put them through. Even on some fundamental protect and stand-by-your-man steeze. It's not happening.

huh? what makes you think (a) Obama would consider doing that, or (b) that his wife somehow would represent the voice of reason if he did? Are you suggesting there'd be some estrogen-induced cat fight between Hillary and Michelle? that she'd never allow an alternate female power source in the house? or just that Obama doesn't know what's good for him and needs his wife to put him on track. plaese to explain suspect poast.

Imagine Michelle seein' Hillary with her feet up on the Oval couch every morning after a year of divisive and racialized efforts to discredit their family and name.

if there's been some personal Hillary-Michelle battle then apparently I've missed it.

I guess I just don't get your suggestion that Barack would invite Hillary into the fold after this divisive campaign, and it would then take his wife (read: another woman who sees her influence as a woman being challenged) to put him in check.

First of all, why would Barack even consider giving Hillary the running mate position?

But also the poast smacked of some concocted catfight misogyny thing. I just don't see it. why can't a woman act rationally, like a man (i.e. if it's in Barack's best interest to extend the olive brach -- AND NO I DON'T THINK IT IS -- then she, too, would see the wisdom in this and set personal feelings aside)?

instead you seem to suggest that her womanly queen-of-the-house instinct ("Hillary with her feet up on the Oval couch every morning") would take over.

my apologies if your comment came from a real, documented Hillary-Michelle beef rather than a more generalized Hillary vs. Obama (and by extension his camp and family) thing.

but otherwise it's just a stereotype.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

But also the poast smacked of some concocted catfight misogyny thing. I just don't see it. why can't a woman act rationally, like a man (i.e. if it's in Barack's best interest to extend the olive brach -- AND NO I DON'T THINK IT IS -- then she, too, would see the wisdom in this and set personal feelings aside)?

There's no question that it will be kicked around amongst his advisors... to which the only "rational" response would be HELL NO.

There's no question that it will be kicked around amongst his advisors... to which the only "rational" response would be HELL NO.

no doubt. there doesn't need to be some catfight to solve what should be an obvious calculation.

in order to shore up his weaker eletoral demographics, Obama will want to select a white, older (read: experienced) female. anyone with half a brain knows the right person for the job is Geraldine Ferarro.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

no doubt. there doesn't need to be some catfight to solve what should be an obvious calculation.

in order to shore up his weaker eletoral demographics, Obama will want to select a white, older (read: experienced) female. anyone with half a brain knows the right person for the job is Geraldine Ferarro.

Someone with an actual half-a-brain would make that choice.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    HILLARY STOPPER #1[/b]

if there's been some personal Hillary-Michelle battle then apparently I've missed it.

I think Michelle has been smart and tactful enough not to speak about Hillary. That's why we haven't heard anything about that, and I wouldn't expect to. At the same time, I think it's foolish assume that she's cool with Hillary's actions, LOL. Lord knows that most of the country isn't it. Think on it.

I guess I just don't get your suggestion that Barack would invite Hillary into the fold after this divisive campaign, and it would then take his wife (read: another woman who sees her influence as a woman being challenged) to put him in check.

First of all, why would Barack even consider giving Hillary the running mate position?

My point is that Barack wouldn't invite Hillary to be his runningmate in the first place...and that private conversations with the First Lady to be would certainly have an influence on that. It sounds like you don't believe Obama can win without Hillary on ticket and I think that's wrong.

instead you seem to suggest that her womanly queen-of-the-house instinct ("Hillary with her feet up on the Oval couch every morning") would take over.

Dude, women aren't men. Hasn't that been a rather larger part in Hillary switching up and projecting a "masculine" image to convince voters that she's "tough"?

As far as acting "rationally", I think the rational thing to do is to find somebody less divisive to run as VP. Hillary is nothing but baggage at this point, which dissapoints me, because I was hoping for a joint ticket a long time ago.

Not now.

czar of Global Heating

It sounds like you don't believe Obama can win without Hillary on ticket

oh, dude: never that.

I did not mean to suggest that at all.

I was just reacting to the woman-of-the-house stereotype inherent in your poast. I think Barack and Michelle BOTH are smart enough not to invite Hillary onto the ticket. There doesn't need to be any female jealousy aspect to it; that's all.

Remember that many vp never even see the inside of the White House much less the Oval Office.

The VP's ofice is in The Old Executive Office Building. While Dick Cheney keeps a tooth brush in the oval office, lots of other vps are lucky to get an invite to a state dinner.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    you guys are out of the loop, she's playing for vp now, although those comments aren't helping her cause...

Neither is her attitude and everything she's been saying over the past month or more. I feel like she's burning bridges left and right.

Things are looking up for John Edwards.

John Edwards will not even be considered for VP after his shenanigans last time. Y'all need to stop stressing. We won. Let the lady do her thing. If she keeps digging at our boy, the party big wigs are gonna pull the rug out. I don't get why she's still attacking Barack at this point. She can only undermine her position with the party leaders who are going to decide her fate. I wonder if she wants the VP position or not? If I were her I'd be angling for Majority Leader which is a far more influential position. I'd pay a million dollars to be a fly on the wall in the Clinton camp meetings right now.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Web's senate is needed. He won't be asked.