Does the hood ride for El Ahorro Supermarket?

high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
El Ahorro Supermarket is the closest Supermarket to my house and last night I checked it out for the first time. This place kicks ass! And their website kicks ass! Anyway it's a full on grocery store with meat, produce, beer and everything but... they have canned tuna with jalapenos already in it??? WHOA! And the hot sauce selection... nuts! And what sealed the deal, 12pk Tecate = $9.99! Guau! I haven't seen that kinda price on Tecate since the 90s!They got these in your hood?http://elahorrosupermarket.com/

Comments

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    EN CONSTRUCCION.....

Does this mean you actually went grocery shopping? I've moved in to places that had more stuff in the fridge than you keep.

Seriously though, I'll have to check that place out. Ever been to a La Michoacana?

http://lamichoacanameatmarket.com/

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    El Ahorro Supermarket is the closest Supermarket to my house and last night I checked it out for the first time. This place kicks ass! And their website kicks ass! Anyway it's a full on grocery store with meat, produce, beer and everything but... they have canned tuna with jalapenos already in it??? WHOA! And the hot sauce selection... nuts! And what sealed the deal, 12pk Tecate = $9.99! Guau! I haven't seen that kinda price on Tecate since the 90s!

They got these in your hood?

http://elahorrosupermarket.com/

Do they supply mexi-coke?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Greatest. GIF. Ever:

My hood rides for Mi Pueblo Food Center, but I don't have a better picture:

Mi Pueblo Food Center

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

Do they supply mexi-coke?

The ones that're made with some sorta FDA banned black tar sugar cane and served in those bottles that have been in circulation since the 1800s? I'll have to check next time I'm in. Maybe we can work a trade for some Yeungling.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    And what sealed the deal, 12pk Tecate = $9.99! Guau! I haven't seen that kinda price on Tecate since the 90s!

Currently on sale at HEB for that exact price.

In fact, HEB seems to have Tecate 12 packs at that $9.99 sale price more often than not.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    And what sealed the deal, 12pk Tecate = $9.99! Guau! I haven't seen that kinda price on Tecate since the 90s!

Currently on sale at HEB for that exact price.

In fact, HEB seems to have Tecate 12 packs at that $9.99 sale price more often than not.

THE MEANS "NO THE HEAUXD IS NO PRO-EL AHORRO"

and rerog:

I think "el ahorro" means "the savings!".

THE MEANS "NO THE HEAUXD IS NO PRO-EL AHORRO"

Phonics, it's really difficult to decipher what you were trying to say there.

And just to clarify something for you...you do know that "eaux" is pronounced "oh"...like "geaux Tigers"?

But yeah, there are a few Mexican grocery stores, or should I say carnicerias, in my neighborhood and I seldom patronize them.

But I do go to El Pollo Regio quite often and they've got Mexican cokes at the convenience store right around the corner from my house.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Harv:

yeah I know it's like "go". I heard an uncle say "hood" like "heauxd" and I was like "oh....damn that just happend".

Carniceria=Butcher Shop. You might mean "la tienda", "el mercado", or as those stinkin' yankees call 'em "bodegas". Which would be confusing to some since "bodega" can mean "a storage space" like "I got a bunch records en la bodega". But that's neither aqui nor there.

Yum.

Harv:

yeah I know it's like "go". I heard an uncle say "hood" like "heauxd" and I was like "oh....damn that just happend".

Okay, I kinda like that...ya got heauxd. Or how bout...that beat goes heauxd.

Or better yet, that's theauxd.

Anyway...

Carniceria=Butcher Shop. You might mean "la tienda", "el mercado", or as those stinkin' yankees call 'em "bodegas". Which would be confusing to some since "bodega" can mean "a storage space" like "I got a bunch records en la bodega". But that's neither aqui nor there.

Si, pero las tiendas en mi barrio son las carnicerias primeras.

Took a stab at it anyway...

^^^^

"The Barrio" hates you.

Wrong again, stalkerboy.