Tony Orlando - To Be With You Test Pressing

paddlissimopaddlissimo 58 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
I recentley picked up a Tony Orlando Test Pressing of 'To be With You' on Elektra (The actual label on the record says Specialty Record Company though). This is the first test pressing i've found & I was wondering what the general deal is with test pressings - how many are made, are they worth much etc.. What are Tony Orlando's other albums like?Cheers

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'm pressin' charges!

I'm pressin' charges!

I'm pressin' charges!

I'm pressin' charges!

I'm pressin' charges!

I'm pressin' charges!

I'm pressin' charges!

I'm pressin' charges!

I'm pressin' charges!

I'm pressin' charges!

I'm pressin' charges!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I recentley picked up a Tony Orlando Test Pressing of 'To be With You' on Elektra (The actual label on the record says Specialty Record Company though). This is the first test pressing i've found & I was wondering what the general deal is with test pressings - how many are made, are they worth much etc.. What are Tony Orlando's other albums like?

Cheers

Considering the demand for Tony Orlando recordings at the moment, this may be of some value. Usually there were very few test presses (or testes) made for each LP & for some reason these are deemed much more collectible because of a phenomenon called "hot stamping". Audiophiles will collect these hot stamp testes because of their greater fidelity than the standard press. Specialty was a famous record label that then moved into manufacturing test presses after their main artist Little Richard denounced Rock & Roll for the 7th time back in the early 70s, they are a pretty well known pressing company. Tony Orlando had a long & distinguished career, so really anything you find by him is of some musical value. Hope this helps.

• Thanks mate. That's a big help.