Mariah Carey needs a social worker

DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
this chick is just alittle bit too psychotic for me,and is just trying to hard to compete with Amy Whinehouse...Mariah cant hit the high note anymore to much dieting

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    this chick is just alittle bit too psychotic for me,and is just trying to hard to compete with Amy Whinehouse...Mariah cant hit the high note anymore to much dieting

Amy Winehouse anit got SHIT on Mariah Carey.

Album: 13 Gold, 13 Platinum, 10 Multi-platinum, 2 Diamond. Singles: 23 Gold, 9 Platinum, 2 Multi-platinum. Videos: 6 Gold, 6 Platinum.[/b]

And she can still hit the high note.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yea, Carey could be doing a lot worse and I bet she is already seeing a therapist - or two or three. The expectation that all these folks are going to hit stardom and unbelievable exposure and pressure, especially at a young age, and not be a little squirrely for it is not that realistic.

I think her voice is doing fine, too.

I think the worst train-wreck is Britney because there are kids involved.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

That, plus Anita Baker, ruined Soul music.

Haha.....huh?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    is this regarding her marriage to little Nicky Cannon?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354171,00.html

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Mariah and her "runs" are the Eddie Van Halen of female vocal R&B.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Anita Baker

Please to cite the offense? Output unsuitable for 13 year-old attention spans? Rode hard for the girl since Chapter 8. Whilst I cannot celebrate her entire catalog, as far as grown-and-sexy soul goes, "Rapture" and "Compositions" are solid.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Anita Baker

Please to cite the offense? Output unsuitable for 13 year-old attention spans? Rode hard for the girl since Chapter 8. Whilst I cannot celebrate her entire catalog, as far as grown-and-sexy soul goes, "Rapture" and "Compositions" are solid.

"Feel The Need" is still , and "Rapture" is a landmark 80s soul record. I hear the criticisms that her later albums were more for the "smooth jazz" crowd, but she always wanted to do Dianne Reeves-type shit anyway. Even taking that into account, at her best she's a great example of a modern soul singer who chose feel over pyrotechnic displays of vocal technique for their own sake.

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    Mariahs thing now is just trying to get ahead of the competition.her and mary j.blah are alittle to old for today young crowd,and their fanbase is probably trying to be young...who knows,she just doesnt seem mentally fit anymore.

Mariahs thing now is just trying to get ahead of the competition.her and mary j.blah are alittle to old for today young crowd,and their fanbase is probably trying to be young...who knows,she just doesnt seem mentally fit anymore.

Well, Mariah's seemed a little bit from reality for a minute now. I guess that's what superstardom does to you, though. I find her tendency to dress like a 19-y-o Becky a bit odd as well, but when you've got a body like hers, perhaps it's not that strange. In any case, she's far from the worst offender on that front.

It's a sign of the times as well when the tune that takes her past Elvis' "most Billboard #1s" record is such an unremarkable and corny piece of cookie-cutter r&b as "Touch My Body". I liked her last album a lot more than I expected to, but that song could have been by any number of people, and it's debatable whether it'd have been as big as it has been if anyone other than Mariah had released it.

I don't think comparisons to Mary J are valid, though - Mary seems to be embracing maturity and the grown-and-sexy crowd with a good deal more ease than Mariah, who seems determined to hang onto a teenage audience, whatever the cost to her dignity. I'm finally going to a Mary show next month, and I have to say I'm really looking forward to it.

Mary will always have street cred.
    Mariah has to work to sustain any cred she's gained since her ODB collabo.

do u party?

Amy Winehouse seems to be modelling her new look on Rousseau from 'Lost'.

Anita Baker helped RESTORE Soul music.