Ray Parker Jnr. - WTF ?!?!?!

YemskyYemsky 709 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    thats wild. maybe i should throw the lp on the 'bay

• YemskyYemsky 709 Posts
    No matter whether US OG or Japan pressing, the vinyl goes for $10 max.
    The guy who just collected that stash has achieved some incredible prices on some 80s R&B and Funk .

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Oh yes, I have finally completed my funky sub post moder obi CD collection

now I move on to late 90s/early 00s raer ltd private indie rap, oh yes

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    That shit anit worth no rent money but i ride for RAYDIO hard.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    there are people who just collect out of print cds by anybody, they dont even listen to them, and rarity is the only factor in price.

or this could just be the fabled Army Of Ray Parker Jr. in action.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I REALLY don.t understand people. I'm completely lost for words. That is just straight up idiotic. W T F ??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! people are f*ckin' insane if theyre gonna spend $520 on that turd. Seriously! I love Ray's music (Still in the groove,For those who like to groove and specially his performance on Bohanon's "Stop & go") but that record sucks ass!Not to mention the fact that his records are SUPER common and that this is a CD!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    you sound poor

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    thats wild. maybe i should throw the lp on the 'bay

I don't know...Less than a month ago, I had a sealed copy of the LP posted for $5.99 for three weeks and had some watchers but no takers.

Popular lp with the Jheri crowd. $500 is nothing to a Buppie dude trying to stock his case logic with raer......Not like Buppie dude can walk into Best Buy and find this......Dude can seal the Milf muffin if he pulls up in the Vette bumpin "Let me go".

Popular lp with the Jheri crowd. $500 is nothing to a Buppie dude trying to stock his case losic with raer......Not like Buppie dude can walk into Best Buy and find this......Dude can seal the Milf muffin if he pulls up in the Vette bumpin "Let me go".

This would be Braxton from the Jamie Foxx show. Or was Braxton a Jazz snob?

I originally though Carlton from Fresh Prince, but i imagine him into more Caucasoid stuff.

Im gonna cop this for some slow jams steez. Bartles & James action...

Terrible song, but checkout a pre-Purple Rain Apollonia.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I originally though Carlton from Fresh Prince, but i imagine him into more Caucasoid stuff.

I caught him jerking the mic from a lounge singer last night and ripping "Girl from Ipanema"

there are people who just collect out of print cds by anybody, they dont even listen to them, and rarity is the only factor in price.

I find this hard to believe. Is this why records go for a lot of money sometimes?

I caught him jerking the mic from a lounge singer last night and ripping "Girl from Ipanema"

"MIC JERKING".....

Stedman lines up the puccini to Parker Jr raer.

Stedman lines up the puccini to Parker Jr raer.

Haha....

On the terrace w/ Obama w/ a Green Apple Martini?

On the terrace w/ Obama Barry[/b] w/ a Green Apple Martini

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    That shit anit worth no rent money but i ride for RAYDIO hard.

that's kind of hot. I wasn't up on that. chanks

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

I find this hard to believe. Is this why records go for a lot of money sometimes?

ive met people who buy any MFSB(sp?) LP or CD and and 24K gold cd - by ANYBODY - just because its audiophile. also anything japanese press. and they want mint oop cd's by artists they dont even collect. i dunno, the oop cd market is insane - these people just have to have them. i dont know if thats the cause of the ray parker insanity, but it may contribute.

• YemskyYemsky 709 Posts

MFSB(sp?)

No disrespect brother.. but which part of MFSB did you find difficult to spell?

MFSB(sp?)

No disrespect brother.. but which part of MFSB did you find difficult to spell?

He meant MFSL

I just dont see why someone would indiscriminantly collect OOP CDs they weren't interested in - its not like vinyl, their value is usually GONE the moment they're reished.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Wither the creators of Pacman Fever? When does THEIR ship come in?

• That shit anit worth no rent money but i ride for RAYDIO hard.

Yeah, Raydio is dope. Those late 70's Arista jawns are my sheeit.