These people selling $250~300 iPhones

canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Hey,I've been trying to grip an iPhone. I've found a couple of people, one located in Canada, that are selling the iPhones for very cheap. A little 'too' cheap. I asked if they were manufactured in the USA and not China and they confirmed.They say:
The Apple iphone is Made in USA not the China Made. We don't sell China Phones.We sell at wholesale prices because we buy directly from the Manufacturer. Kindly get back to Us With Your Full shipping Address.
Is this a scam?

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Dude all iphones are made in China. Why would someone sell something for below market cost when it's in high demand?

Best bet to get an iphone is to ask a friend to buy you one in the States and bring it back. Or wait till the 3g version drops this summer, there will be a price drop on the old models.

Finally Rogers has finally announced they're carrying the iPhone officially. No details have been released, which leads to speculation of them waiting until the release of the updated iPhone to launch their sales.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Why would someone sell something for below market cost when it's in high demand?
    Yeah, I don't get it. But I want to cop one at that price.

The thing is I think that even $250-300 is WAY below wholesale cost.

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    its a scam

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The way that description is written wreaks of a scam. I wouldn't buy.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Dude all iphones are is made in China.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    yeah man, let me help you out by reading the back of my [and everyone else's] iPhone...

"Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China"[/b]

the only time i would trust buying one that cheap, is when my friend errr-came up on like 10 of em the week they dropped and was selling them to friends and comrades only. that apple store immediately changed their security procedures the next week. lol

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
    Hey,

I've been trying to grip an iPhone. I've found a couple of people, one located in Canada, that are selling the iPhones for very cheap. A little 'too' cheap. I asked if they were manufactured in the USA and not China and they confirmed.

They say:

The Apple iphone is Made in USA not the China Made. We don't sell China Phones.We sell at wholesale prices because we buy directly from the Manufacturer. Kindly get back to Us With Your Full shipping Address.

Is this a scam?

Offer to pay them in Dwayne Cananns.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    If it sounds too good to be true, it is. PERIOD.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    you know they have made fakes iphones yeah?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    man, the fake iphones are hilarious. have you guys watched demonstration videos on youtube?