Bob Powers....

DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
da first young guru in my opinion,is this guy still around?

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    http://www.bobpower.com/
    His website is pretty cool.

Yeah hes still around and doing some great projects. He had an article in tape op a while ago.

Dudes done so many classic hip hop records that its kind of hard to compare him to young guru but whatever.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    that is exactly what people called him back in the day. If you listen to "I Am I Be" with all of the overdubs of people saying "I am ____" you can hear him in the background saying "I am Bob Powers[/b] and I be the first Young Guru."

Q-tip had a quote in Rap Pages talking about him. He said something like "Bob is this plain looking white dude, but you get him on the boards and dude is like the first Young Guru. he makes that shit thump."

After Bob worked on the Roots album Questlove was quoted as saying "Bob is the man. He really knows how to engineer hip hop music. He's like the first version of some kid that's still in middle school."

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I don't mean to change the subject but...

Rakim: da first Lil Wayne in my opinion,is this guy still around?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I like when he punches in and says "I am bob and I be really really tired of this here you guys"

I like when he punches in and says "I am bob and I be really really tired of this here you guys"

see that's what it sounds like, but it's really "I am bob and I be the first young guru."

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    hahaha

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i got to hang w/ Bob during my Calliope hangout days. Nice cat.

Dude did a gang of Native Toungue shit.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I love that Tribe joint where Tip says "Bob Power, you there?" and Bob (I'm assuming it was actually him) chimes in with the whitest-sounding "Yeah?" ever. It was like every black comedian's impression of the "white guy voice."

I'd love to read about dude. I'm gonna check his site out later.

I love that Tribe joint where Tip says "Bob Power, you there?" and Bob (I'm assuming it was actually him) chimes in with the whitest-sounding "Yeah?" ever. It was like every black comedian's impression of the "white guy voice."

hmm, sounds like a pretty normal yeah to me.

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    There is a pretty extensive interview/lecture with him available at the RBMA website...

http://tinyurl.com/4ued3g