~ * Thee Weekend Fynds * ~

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Got this lot today with some store credit:

Brian Brown, ey? Where'd ya score that?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Brian Brown, ey? Where'd ya score that?

Looks like a CD & Record exchange sticker!

Feelin' the Eddie Holland white label.

It's weird but I've seen that 45 a few times (bought it the first time) & they have all been white labels, never blue.

People have been killing it with the 45 finds this week, some of my fave listens have been posted, great stuff.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    while out picking up some things to spruce up the house. this was my burrito and horchata money, it went to good use. surprised the hell out of me today that these were at one of my spots.

peace to djsheep for posting that pic of him with rasa in his euro thread cause i saw that this morning and was like "yeah i still haven't found that" i love it when schitt like that happens.

also, i probably would have gotten this if i had an extra $2 on me for the label alone...

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts

What's up with 2nd Power?

Random Rap record out of Marietta, Georgia circa 1991 on Wrap Records. It varies in style from track to track. I've never been that great and describing records so I recorded quick mp3 skipping the needle from track to track for you to listen to. This copy looked like it was unplayed so I couldn't pass it up for a dollar.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    earlier posts made me jealous that people were finding some good 45s, since theres never any in town and i LOVE the things. today though, i got lucky as my favorite thrift store in town got in about 150 45s for me to look through. i bought 16 of them, most were chances, but these were the best of the lot:

25 cents each

Gene Chandler - from day to day / it's no good for me (constellation)
    The Sounds Like Us - Clock on the wall / outside chance (Fontana)
    The Seeds - Try to Understand / Pushin' Too Hard (GNP Crescendo)

and my favorite, which i ALMOST didnt buy for some reason!:

Buddy Lamp - I Wanna Go Home / You've Got the Loving Touch (Wheelsville USA)

anybody else have this? super gritty shit!!

Finally talked my way into the backroom of this record store and walked out with these at an average of $3 a piece

Found an Australian pressing of this 45 that I didn't know about

This is an odd Germn single. The other side is cheesy pop, but this cut is piano-led funkiness

And this rare 4-track EP of early Alan Lee material is pretty sweet - never seen swaggie label 45s before either.

Didn't know Spaghetti Head had an Australian press either, but there was a bunch of good funk/soul stuff that got Australian presses but never seem to turn up.

and my favorite, which i ALMOST didnt buy for some reason!:

Buddy Lamp - I Wanna Go Home / You've Got the Loving Touch (Wheelsville USA)

anybody else have this? super gritty shit!!

Usually picking up anything on Wheelsville is a good call, that Buddy Lamp is cool, good artist, good tracks, good label, not a 45 that pops up everyday.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

^^ the bernard upshaw singers is terribly recorded but i like a couple tracks, gritty gospel.
    mel dancy is sorta foofy jazz imo but several songs have real nice intros and such.
    stone country is not country, its definitely stone though.

^^ok so this al green is on London and i think is a repackaging of a Hi record. its dated 1978.
    Pollen is french prog, i dont like the singers voice much but its quality music.
    that milt jackson is another sleepy jazz record with some smokin intro parts.

^^ the billie joe at top center reminds me of richie havens but better. a step towards t.callier maybe?

^^ i am excited to find an original chocolate milk s/t, its taken forever.

^^ i have no idea why i bought this crap.

45 time! (as usual i bought pretty blind, just going for stuff i havent seen before, a few needle drops here and there to make sure it wasnt crapola.)

^^these didnt require needle drops of course.

^^ nor did these (all minty, just $5 each!)

and here the random began:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I can't speak on all of it, but dude, the Mindbenders? Nothing wrong there!
    And I have that Ars Nova, not start-to-finish good, but some real strong tracks.
    AND, that Unspoken Word has a few solid cuts, too.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

And I have that Ars Nova, not start-to-finish good, but some real strong tracks.

Washrag is a logical choice, take a look at the credits on that lp! im actually making a beat with one of the songs on that album as we speak....

• breadwinnerbreadwinner 535 Posts

(Wheelsville USA)

if you ever see anything on wheelsville again, do not hesitate -- buy it up. that goes for d-town as well.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

oh shit - sorry my man! heh heh i was just joking!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    found a couple things on a stop off on my way home from getting some puppy food...

(not really feeling the Toussaint, so if ya wanna trade or something, hit me with a PM)

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Cheap stuff from record fair yesterday:

I really like that Solarplexus 2LP.

• GnarliamentGnarliament 375 Posts
    Mountain- Climbing!
    Vanilla Fudge- Near The Beginning
    Dick Hyman- Electric Eclectics
    Hap Palmer- Creative Movement and Rhythmic Expression
    Tom Scott-And the L.A. Express

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    johnny barfield and the men of s.o.u.l. "soul butter"

Their other 45....

http://georgiasoul.blogspot.com/2007/08/johnny-barfield-jr-men-from-soul-weve.html

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

London Fogg "Trippin'/Easy Mover" both sides are great

Imperial was the second pressing, fyi. The first was on Gold Stars (Dayton, OH).

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    21st - I Just Can't Forget your Name on Joy
    Dennis Brown - Easy on Yvonne Special

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

man, i don't have homeboys e-mail address, tell him to hold that ish, never made it back, ill be around next month for those gigs and I'll sort him out... that records str8 fIRE!

b

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Didn't know Spaghetti Head had an Australian press either, but there was a bunch of good funk/soul stuff that got Australian presses but never seem to turn up.

There's a pic cover version of it too, on the m7 label.... very nice artwork....

b

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    under a buck each.

LP's:
    Pablo Moses - Tension
    Nanette - Lady Marmalade
    Anzala
    Go South (African comp w/Fred Wesley credited)
    Hubert Laws - Romeo & Juliet ( )
    Runaways (proto hip-hop! )
    another Nanette Workman terd
    Henry Mancini - Theme From Love Story (dynaflex )

12"s:
    Kid Frost - La Raza
    Sly Stone - Dance To The Music b/w Sing A Simple Song (Disco Mixes)
    Trouble Funk - Good To Go (Remix)
    KONK - Your Life
    Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick b/w Reasons To Be Cheerful Pt. 3

7"s:
    The Hubcaps - Fire
    Wayne Smith - Under Me Sleng Teng

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    a few bits from the bristol record fair.... and other stuff:

hardly had any money on me and spent most of that on the GRAHAM BOND - Brig played it me down the Bell a while a go and i love the track "the naz" - what an organ sound!!

the rest were 3 for a tenner so couldnt leave them. the most interesting is TAYLES - "who are these guys" ... private (?) flute heavy jazzy pop rock with breakzzz and everything. only bought it cos of the fun cover and am very pleased... my most fun blind buy for ages.

absolutely loving the Jazzman "spiritual jazz" comp - especially the track MOR THIAM - "ayo ayo nene" - amazing!!

the 7 is:
    THE NILSMEN - "sandstep" (ace organ groover from sweden (again - ?) with lovely drums)

There's a pic cover version of it too, on the m7 label.... very nice artwork....

b

No shit... never seen that. Have you got it Bev?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    a few bits from the bristol record fair.... and other stuff:

hardly had any money on me and spent most of that on the GRAHAM BOND - Brig played it me down the Bell a while a go and i love the track "the naz" - what an organ sound!!

the rest were 3 for a tenner so couldnt leave them. the most interesting is TAYLES - "who are these guys" ... private (?) flute heavy jazzy pop rock with breakzzz and everything. only bought it cos of the fun cover and am very pleased... my most fun blind buy for ages.

absolutely loving the Jazzman "spiritual jazz" comp - especially the track MOR THIAM - "ayo ayo nene" - amazing!!

the 7 is:
    THE NILSMEN - "sandstep" (ace organ groover from sweden (again - ?) with lovely drums)

how is that Taste? same Taste that did "On The Boards"

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

how is that Taste? same Taste that did "On The Boards"

Taste is rory gallagher's band. Irish blues rock. I have the LP but can't remember the last time I listened to it.