Faith

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Where's she been? I always thought she had some joints. And at some times muy blapable.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    MY SCHITT

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

My shit.

COSMO!

Oh hell yes.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Oh not QUESTION Faith Evans got JOINTS. She has quite a catalog and honestly I think she's really slept on as being one of those artists from the 90s that really bridged the gap between the so-called "Neo Soul" sound and the contemporary R&B/Hip-Hop sound that Bad Boy really solidified.

And Jonny that song is on smash but the REMIX is what it's all about.

Oh no doubt - remix kicks in at about 2 min mark of the video!

Dudes don't know that that song is like a soulstrut BREAK GENESIStm and shit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Oh no doubt - remix kicks in at about 2 min mark of the video!

Dudes don't know that that song is like a soulstrut BREAK GENESIStm and shit.

I found that 12" at a supercorny record shoppe in Williamsburg a few months ago, after having wanted it for years.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I still don't have a proper copy. I only have a "CRATE SAVERS" version on MP3.

Yeah, I think that's the only real world form in which it exists--some Eminem follishness on the b-side.

Is there a legit 12" of the remix? I don't think we ever figured this out.

I still have the Junkies Prayer Philly Bol Armands fish hoagie bootleg version.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

And Jonny that song is on smash but the REMIX is what it's all about.

Oh yeah that's the joint no doubt.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Yeah, I think that's the only real world form in which it exists--some Eminem follishness on the b-side.

Oh there's definitely a legit Bad Boy 12" for that joint.

Is there a legit 12" of the remix? I don't think we ever figured this out.

I still have the Junkies Prayer Philly Bol Armands fish hoagie bootleg version.

Soulstrut Genesis Revealed.

Really--for the remix?

"SAVE THIS SEARCH"

I've only ever seen the regular version...

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Were all of her albums released on Bad Boy?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Really--for the remix?

"SAVE THIS SEARCH"

I've only ever seen the regular version...

I'm like 99% sure there was - I remember having my hands on it at Armand's back in the day but there was only one copy and Lowbudget decided to take it. That's why I got the bootleg version (that Jonny eventually copped from me.)

AUTHENTIC SOUTH PHILLY CUE BURN

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    AUTHENTIC SOUTH PHILLY CUE BURN

That's the latest eBay description craze SWEEPING the internets!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    MY SCHITT

^^^^^

That was the joint I was looking for actually. I got a bootleg 12'' and the flip is the one where she's singing over The Jones Girls "Nights over Egypt". Shit is dope

and good to see this thread getting some shine

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Faith Evans "You Used To Love Me (Ali Shaheed Muhammed Remix)" is a KUFI SLAPPER!

that shit where it goes "my maaaaaaaaaaan" "my maaaaaaaaan" right at the beginning of the radio edit too.

WOW

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Faith Evans "You Used To Love Me (Ali Shaheed Muhammed Remix)" is a KUFI SLAPPER!

Knowledge Me (TM). I'm not knowin'.

Also DJ Anonymous/Cardova/Sampo etc did a mix-tape where he blended Street Smartz "Problems" over the instrumental "You Used To Love Me". Shit was so official.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Knowledge Me (TM). I'm not knowin'.

It was tough finding this 12" out in the field, I broke down and paid $20+ for it like 6 or so years ago at A1.

you used to love me ali shaheed muhammed remix.mp3 - 10.13MB

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Apple Martini's Revealed