My Last Day of Work

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
I started here on August 31, 1995 and always thought I would be the one to turn the lights off in this place.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Moving up?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    They got a new janitor to turn the lights off?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    im going to another firm as a summer associate, i think its best to broaden my experience. Its a bigger firm, is more established, more conservative, has a big international practice - and I can always come back here at the end of the summer to work during the last year of school if I dont get an offer after the summer from the new place.

They got a new janitor to turn the lights off?

custodial engineer.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    custodial arts student?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    more conservative

more conservative

well compared to here, soulstrut is more conservative - or at least has less potential to inflict damage.

im going to another firm as a summer associate, i think its best to broaden my experience. Its a bigger firm, is more established, more conservative, has a big international practice - and I can always come back here at the end of the summer to work during the last year of school if I dont get an offer after the summer from the new place.

I take it you're a mature student if you started at the firm in 1995. It's tough to go back into education at that point in your life - if that's the case, sincere props to you.

I take it you're a mature student if you started at the firm in 1995. It's tough to go back into education at that point in your life - if that's the case, sincere props to you.

I returend 20 years after I started college and its been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

I returend 20 years after I started college and its been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

That's very good to hear. I'm toying with the idea of doing something similar 20 years on from completing my first degree. I'm kind of anxious about going back to studying after all that time, though.

That's very good to hear. I'm toying with the idea of doing something similar 20 years on from completing my first degree. I'm kind of anxious about going back to studying after all that time, though.

its easy. most of it is just about managing your time and making an effort, so after working for 20 years you have a definate advantage over kids right out of school. Most are still interested only in drinking beer and chasing tail and dont even know why they are in school except that it means not having to get a job.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

its easy. most of it is just about managing your time and making an effort, so after working for 20 years you have a definate advantage over kids right out of school. Most are still interested only in drinking beer and chasing tail and dont even know why they are in school except that it means not having to get a job.

This is very true, my wife is just finishing her masters and I have a good friend who is about to go to med school. They both had trouble in high school and didn't go to school right after but once they did go back, with more life experience, they found it to be much more rewarding. Once you see what the real world has to offer if you don't have a degree you tend to be a bit more focused.

happy birthday cousin lefty.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I dropped out of high school not long after my 16th.

I went back to school at 30. Had to do a high school equivalence exam (which i studied my ass off for) and then a four year bachelor of international business management.

(basically economics, marketing and management with a bit of accounting and statistics thrown in to keep you on your toes).

Best thing i ever did.

Returning to education as an adult student is a real challenge, but the advantages most definitely out-weigh the disadvantages.

I dropped out of high school not long after my 16th.

I went back to school at 30. Had to do a high school equivalence exam (which i studied my ass off for) and then a four year bachelor of international business management.

(basically economics, marketing and management with a bit of accounting and statistics thrown in to keep you on your toes).

Best thing i ever did.

Returning to education as an adult student is a real challenge, but the advantages most definitely out-weigh the disadvantages.

wow. thats impressive. i had it easy compared to that.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Cosine. I'm going to night classes full time while working a full-time job. It's a pain for sure, but getting this degree will make my cipher complete. It will be totally worth it.

Being in school with a FT job now makes me wonder how I ever complained about being in college with four classes and a 10 hour a week PT job. I'm sure I did complain, but I had all the time in the world compared to how it is now.