Anyone gotten their rebate checks yet?

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    the stimulus ones???

i pay IRS taxes, send fedex and faxes. this industry is like f*ckin fat b*tches...

aka i got my fed/state rebates the first week of march.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html

Heres a link to that stimulus payment jawn!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    the stimulus ones???

i pay IRS taxes, send fedex and faxes. this industry is like f*ckin fat b*tches...

aka i got my fed/state rebates the first week of march.

The refund is the amount you get back yearly for what you "overpaid" on your actual tax burden

The rebate is what the gov is handing out for "stimulus" purposes this time around...

And no, I haven't yet received... I anxiously await both

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I got mine early, in the first group.

It came in handy today.

Most of it is already in my savings.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Damn my ss#, got me waiting. At least I opted for direct deposit though.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I got mine early, in the first group.

It came in handy today.

Most of it is already in my savings.

In your savings!?!?!?!?

How is THAT helping the economy? Aren't you patriotic? Don't you wear a lapel pin????????

This is supposed to StimulatE!

(Mine is going in savings as well.)

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    no point in putting it in savings with inflation rising like it is....invest or spend that

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    pay down debt

buy an animal* with the money. it's an investment of life that gives back...gives back love.

* panther, small bear, spitting cobra, flying squirrel, jesus lizard

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    no point in putting it in savings with inflation rising like it is....invest or spend that

Adding it to some other money to save up and travel. Vacation '09, brought to you by Stimulus Package '08.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I got a nice tax return this year and was hoping to bank it. Then we found termites then our washer broke and now I am waiting and hoping this rebate check comes soon.

I got a nice tax return this year and was hoping to bank it. Then we found termites then our washer broke and now I am waiting and hoping this rebate check comes soon.

what did you do with the termites?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Damn my ss#, got me waiting. At least I opted for direct deposit though.

Same here.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

what did you do with the termites?

We had to get the house treated which was about $1,000. They dig a tranch around your house and drill holes in the foundation block to put down the chemicals. It lasts about 10 years and you can renew it yearly for around $100 so if you see termintes again they will come and retreat the home. You really need to have it done if you ever plan on selling the house so I am glad it happend when I had the extra coin.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    We're going to Nieman Marcus with that sh!t

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    We're going to use the money from the gov't to help pay off some of the money we just paid the gov't.

Umm...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    This will help sooth my burn from bending over for the US government, and help augment my fiance's Rapidly Shrinking Refund.

Probably will end up as a security deposit when we move apartments...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I just put mine in the ol' savings account 20 minutes ago. I was going to buy a new iPod with some of it, but now I am going to wait on that til I have a bit more saved up. This will help ease the pain of the registartion/license shit for my almost-paid off car.

I like money as much as the next guy, but what is this supposed to accomplish again?

• djrdjr 511 Posts

We had to get the house treated which was about $1,000. They dig a tranch around your house and drill holes in the foundation block to put down the chemicals. It lasts about 10 years and you can renew it yearly for around $100 so if you see termintes again they will come and retreat the home. You really need to have it done if you ever plan on selling the house so I am glad it happend when I had the extra coin.

I had this very same thing done last year. Little more than $100 a year, but worth it.

My rebate money is probably gonna fund a weekend getaway, unless there is a project around the house my wife really wants done.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Hookers and cocaine.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I suspect that by depositing our rebates we are agreeing to some contract that we won't ever have the liberty to read nor back out of.

I just put mine in the ol' savings account 20 minutes ago. I was going to buy a new iPod with some of it, but now I am going to wait on that til I have a bit more saved up. This will help ease the pain of the registartion/license shit for my almost-paid off car.

I like money as much as the next guy, but what is this supposed to accomplish again?

Apparently, people will start buying cars and refrigerators and we'll come out of the pseudo-recession we're supposedly not in (or are in) and in no time, everyone will be

Provided, this idea doesn't seem as fiscally retarded as the gas tax holiday but I don't think anyone actually thinks this is going to stimulate shit given the high cost of food and gas.

I don't think anyone actually thinks this is going to stimulate shit given the high cost of food and gas.

i'll tell what it'll stimulate! OWWW!

[ [color:purple]two chicks at the same time[/color] related]

As long as those two chicks go out and spend that money at Walmart, it's a "win-win".

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    As long as those two chicks go out and spend that money at Walmart, it's a "win-win".

The "two chicks at the same time" theory is actually one of the guiding principles of trickle-down economics, as propounded by Reagan. Dude was both ???bout it and ???bout it...if you know what I mean.

Eww

• should get it next week. im either gonna throw it at some credit card debt so i can live the debt free lifestyle OR im gonna buy what i said i was in the "what are gonna buy with your rebate check?" thread.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I am buying some

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Congratulations to anyone who used turbotax and had their fees deducted from their rebate:

(from the turbotax website)

Will my economic stimulus payment be direct deposited into the same bank account?
    No. With the recent enactment of the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008, TurboTax does not ask for deposit information for your economic stimulus payment.

Although the IRS encouraged tax filers to elect to have their rebates deposited directly into their bank accounts, some filers will only be able to receive theirs by mail. They include filers who conducted certain financial transactions, such as paying filing fees from the proceeds of their tax refunds, using third parties, such as SBB&T.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Grr... this sucks:

(also... from TurboTax)
    I had my refund divided and direct deposited into three different accounts. Where will my rebate go?

It will not be deposited in any of them, but will be mailed as a paper check.

Well, at least I have some closure as to why I didn't receive my rebate this week. Damn, I could use that money right now though.