CONGRATULATIONS DJ DAZE!!!!

2»

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Daze--

--I think we know some mutual peoples.

Me too. That's Anacron? I thought he looked familiar. I know him through the hip-hop circles in Chicago. He used to come rip the mic at my hip-hop night.

That's funny. I guess I'm all six degrees-ed in with you too!

And congratulations by the way. That wedding looking like it was off the hook.

haha yeah, that's him. He's one of my best best friends, I'm his dj too.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Daze--

--I think we know some mutual peoples.

Me too. That's Anacron? I thought he looked familiar. I know him through the hip-hop circles in Chicago. He used to come rip the mic at my hip-hop night.

That's funny. I guess I'm all six degrees-ed in with you too!

And congratulations by the way. That wedding looking like it was off the hook.

haha yeah, that's him. He's one of my best best friends, I'm his dj too.

Nice! Anacron is that dude. Tell him Verb from Chicago says whats up!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Pics are so beautiful. Y'all really did it up.

I've already told you this in private, but I'm really happy that I could participate in some small way. Once again, I wish you and Mrs. Burns nothing but the best.

Until I see you in person, un abrazo fuerte!

Pics are so beautiful. Y'all really did it up.

I've already told you this in private, but I'm really happy that I could participate in some small way. Once again, I wish you and Mrs. Burns nothing but the best.

Until I see you in person, un abrazo fuerte!

not even a "small way" dude. You provided the finishing touch on that outfit that would have been nowhere near as cool had you not been the dude you are. Thank you again, sincerely.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Congrats Daze.

I like the backyard wedding style. I will be doing that in 3 months.

Hey Daze,

Congratulations to you and the new Mrs. Daze. I wish the two of you eternal wedded bliss, peace, and prosperity. Just remember that a successful marriage takes work and dedication to maintain, and a few bumps in the road along the way are normal (especially early on). It smooths out through love, time, and mutual adjustment. I welcome you to the wonderful institution of marriage!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks, truer words have not been spoken. The mutual adjustment aspect was a big part of our vows. If we stay on point to all the things we agreed to I can't see us failing at all. here's the transcript if anyone wants to read it.

"We are gathered here today to witness the marriage of Scarlett and Josh. I would like to thank the two of you for honoring me with the position of minister in these proceedings. I would also like to thank those of you who have come from near and far to support their decision to unite in matrimony.

To begin, I???d like to ask (whomever) to come up and read???

Thank you, (whomever).

Now I???d like to read from the teachings of the Buddha. This passage is from the Metta Sutta, as translated by venerable Thich Nhat Hanh.

???He or she who wants to attain peace should practice being upright, humble, and capable of using loving speech. He or she will know how to live simply and happily, with senses calmed, without being covetous, and carried away by the emotions of the majority. Let him or her not do anything that will be disapproved of by the wise ones.

Just as a mother loves and protects her only child at the risk of her own life, we should cultivate boundless love to offer to all living beings in the cosmos. We should let our boundless love pervade the entire universe, above, below, and across. Our love will know no obstacles. Our heart will be absolutely free from hatred and enmity. Whether standing or walking, sitting or lying, as long as we are awake, we should maintain this mindfulness of love in our own heart. This is the noblest way of living.

Free from wrong views, greed, and sensual desires, living in beauty and realizing Perfect Understanding, those who practice boundless love will certainly transcend birth and death.???

Scarlett and Josh, are you ready to take on the vows of marriage?

Let???s begin:

Love, compassion, joy, and equanimity are the very nature of an enlightened person. These four aspects of ourselves and our world constitute what we might think of as true, or universal, love: a love that transcends time, place, and mind; a love that is free of mental obstruction and ego; a love that can show us the way to liberation and enlightenment, right here in this present moment.

The first aspect of true love is the intention and capacity to offer joy and happiness. To develop this capacity, we need to look and listen deeply so that we know what to do and what not to do to help our partners find happiness. Without this understanding, our love is not true love. We must look deeply in order to see and understand the needs, aspirations, and suffering of the ones we love.

Scarlett and Josh, will you look and listen deeply in order to alleviate suffering and promote love and understanding in this life?

-We will.

The second aspect of true love is compassion. One compassionate word, action, or thought can reduce suffering and bring joy. One word can give comfort and confidence, destroy doubt, help avoid mistakes, and reconcile a conflict. One action can save a person???s life or help us take advantage of a rare opportunity. One thought can do the same, because thought always precedes words and actions.

Scarlett and Josh, will you use compassionate words, actions, and thoughts to promote love and understanding in this life?

-We will.

The third aspect of true love is joy. If your love does not bring joy to both of you, then it is not true love. It is very important to be conscious of those things that are joyful in this present moment, and take care of those things that cause us pain. It is essential that we find ways to touch on the joy in our own lives as individuals before we can provide love and support for our partners.

Scarlett and Josh, will you seek the joy within yourselves to promote the joy of your partnership in this life?

- We will.

The fourth aspect of true love is equanimity. If your love contains attachment, discrimination, prejudice, or clinging, it is not true love. In a conflict, it is important to remain impartial, able to love and understand both sides of an issue. As long as we value ourselves more than others or see ourselves as different from others, we do not have true equanimity. Without this equanimity, love can become possessive. True love allows us to preserve our freedom and the freedom of our spouse without possessiveness.

Scarlett and Josh, will you love each other with equanimity to promote true love and understanding in this life?

-We will.

As a symbol and reminder of the vows you have just made to each other, I???d like Noah to present the rings that are symbols of the vows you have just agreed to.

- (Personal vows and ring exchange.)

By the power vested in me by the Order of Ancestral Blood, I now pronounce you Mr. And Mrs. Josh Burns.

Josh, give your wife a kiss to seal the deal."

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Josh, give your wife a kiss to seal the deal.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Congratulations Daze

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts
    Congratulations Daze!

Best invitations ever...

...which we had to frame and hang in our black and white hall of matrimony.

Holy wow...we are HONORED you guys. You and Ross just elevated this wedding in our hearts more than you can know.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Many blessings, enjoy your honeymoon!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Congratulations