"The Recount" (HBO)

Secret_ChimpSecret_Chimp 915 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Saw this at a special dinner/screening last night. Pretty damn good!Kevin Spacey, Denis Leary and Laura Dern were all great. The casting was all really on point. Laura Dern absolutely nailed Katherine Harris. What a stupid bitch.Anyways, it was interesting to see all the legal wrangling that went on behind the scenes. Hard to believe that any of that 2000 recount shit even happened! Doesn't that seem like a really long time ago? Watching this was kind of like reliving a really bad nightmare.Now, get this:3 seats to the left of me at the next table: John KerryA table in front of me: David BroderTable behind me: Kevin Spacey, Chris Hitchens, Ben Bradlee (this was in a tent in his backyard)A couple tables away: Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg, Laura Dern, and Bob Woodward.

Comments

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    any pictures?

• Man, I wish..

Oh yeah- Tom Brokaw. God knows who else was there that I didn't even recognize.

Crazy thing is I just walked right in. No one checked me at all. There were some secret service lurkers, though.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I would have loved to have gotten a Bader-Ginsburg drop for my next mixtape.