Lyfe feat. Lil Flip "I Know What You Want"

Terry_ClubbupTerry_Clubbup 833 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I think this is a lost classic. I got it for cheap off of a white label 12" and I don't think it ever got commmercially released. Lyfe flips Flip. This is my summertime jamm that holds up over time, unlike "Game Over" the actual track - why does it seem like Lil Flip was so long ago? - maybe the original just got overplayed. Anyway, here the song is recast as a Lyfe r&b burner with Lil Flip's "football field / football deal" verse at the end, making Flip sound like a guest on his own song. Lyfe claims ownership of the track.

Comments

• Does Lyfe actually sing

Booty like a Buddhist / Mama you're the cutest

?

because I am having trouble picturing the Buddhist booty in my mind's eye.

• I got this bootleg as well. Sound of R&B right or something?

You talking about a mixtape or something? I got it off a white label 12" that only has this song on it.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

making Flip sound like a guest on his own song. Lyfe claims ownership of the track.

Too bad that Bun B already did both of those things on the sanctioned remix.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Does Lyfe actually sing

Booty like a Buddhist / Mama you're the cutest

?

because I am having trouble picturing the Buddhist booty in my mind's eye.

It means her booty is on a higher level!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

because I am having trouble picturing the Buddhist booty in my mind's third[/b] eye.

You talking about a mixtape or something? I got it off a white label 12" that only has this song on it.

naw, it was a bootleg white label series "called sound of R&B". Which you can ALWAYS find these joints in many a bay area dollar bin. A lot of 'em have choice shit.

innnywayz, i used to run that jernt at many a G&S night.