Most entertaining blaxploitation/kung fu movie ?

Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
edited April 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
this is an ever-green postplease suggest one in each categories.........1 - Truck turner1 - Enter the dragonwhat else ?any angela mao flick worth to check ? thanks

Comments

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Sweet Sweetback's Badassss Song
    Buddhist Fist

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

1 - Truck turner

Any movie with the Star Trek lady talking about sellin pussy is awesome.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    1. The Mack
    2. Crippled Masters

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    How about one that covers both. Like ummm....
    IMG SRC=http://www.originalalamo.com/images/blackforce.jpg>

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Here is my list of some great kung fu movies....

5 Fingers Of Death - A classic, and fucking brutal. Lo Leih is the hero, and after this movie he was always cast as a villan because he got ugly (i'm serious).

Shaolin And Wu-Tang - This movie is worth watching for anybody that loves the first wu-tang clan album. Also, not only do you get more classic Gordon Liu shaolin training sequences, but you get to see some cool wutang training too.

The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin/Master Killer - 36th chamber was released as master killer in the states to make it sound more exciting. This is the quintessential "shaolin training" movie, and the movie that made gordon liu a superstar. also good for fans of ODB as this is where "we have only 35 chambers... there is no 36. I know, but I want to create a new one. Oh? And what would that be?" comes from.

Return to the 36th Chamber/ Return of the master killer - This isn't really a sequel so much as a parody of the first one. in this flick gordon is playing a con man who imitates the character that he played in the first. And of course, he winds up going to shaolin, meets the character that he played in the first, and winds up learning kung fu by doing repairs to the 36th chamber. Then he heads home, and kicks some ass.

5 Deadly Venoms - A classic, and less serious that some other kung fu flicks. Really gimicky with outrageous costumes and styles, but a great watch.

The Kid With The Golden Arms - The venoms are back, this time playing different characters. More hokey over the top costumes and styles, and still totally entertaining.

The 7 Grand Masters - This dude is about to retire after being crowned the greatest kung fu guy in china, but then a mysterious person challenges him, so him and his students travel across china to fight 7 different masters of different styles. along the way they pick up a tagalong who wants to learn kung fu, and of course they say no, and he follows anyways. then the master decides to teach him kung fu and then he totally kicks ass. the fighting in this movie is frequent and awesome. At one point the master fights "Betty" from Kung Pow...

thats all for now. there is a ton more, but i got shit to do.

• For sheer insanity value:

- Ricky-Oh (The Story Of Ricky)
    - Soul Vengeance

For quality:

- Shaolin Drunken Monk
    - Black Caesar

Just for kicks:

- Gravedigger
    - The Final Comedown

Deep beats and deep crates,
    SonicReducer
    (TEAMAARON)

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Not exactly blaxploitation, but...

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

any Angela Mao knowledge ?

• I will always be partial to:

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Willie Dynamite was somewhat corny but that's what made it great, in my opinion. I liked the comic relief mixed in with the action in The Prodigal Son.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Anyone else seen "Velvet Smooth"? It's become my new favorite Blaxplo movie...

I watched it half......what you liked of it ?..

I must admit the main title song was really not bad

the uber cheese-e-ness.

the uber cheese-e-ness.

you also should give a look to " black samurai"

Is it really badly made/over the top?

Also, has no one mentioned Coffey?

• I'm Gonna Git You Sucka -88 / entertaining yes

Crippled Masters / heheheh yes

..maybe not kung fu but I have to mention-> Shogun Assassin -80

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    second that Velvet Smooth!

Tnt Jackson, lady cocoa, detroit 9000, disco godfather, human tornado, top of the heap, putney swope, truck turner is the shit, bucktown, black shampoo....space is the place maybe the best.....so fucking many of these.

now what is up with "black force"??? can i get a copy?? i also need black girl (dvd and the lp)

anyone ever seen "aaron loves angela"???

disco godfather

hell yeah! this movie is NUTS!!!

Is it really badly made/over the top?

yeah and it has Jim Kelly

one of the best is Blacula that despite the silly name, it is really a good movie ( yeah "good" in the ordinary meaning of the word)

..maybe not kung fu but I have to mention-> Shogun Assassin -80

I read somewere (maybe here ? ) that it has a worthy soundtrack too ?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Shaolin Soccer for kung fu comedy

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    check out Don for a wicked brownsploitation flick, its banging from the first scene onwards, and AMAZING soundtrack

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Some folks need to check this out:

good Jamaican update, wouldn't really call it 'Blaxploitation', but neither are a lot of films being thrown around here.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    "bruce li vs supermen" is the best i've ever seen, super b-movie action and music from bob james, passport, kraftwerk, ... (in the german version, i think they also made a new soundtrack).

• sleepsleep 54 Posts
    1. space is the place
    2. knockabout or dreadnought

• haha...nobody said "The Last Dragon."

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    haha...nobody said "The Last Dragon."

yeah they did, check the images above.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

any Angela Mao knowledge ?

Broken Oath is the best Angela Mao joint. Get the widescreen uncut version.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    any of you LA/NY folls seen the "kung fu hustle"? just wondering. looks kinda funny.