Joe Blakk "Enemy To Officer Friendly" mp3

Terry_ClubbupTerry_Clubbup 833 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Here is a gift for you all. An outstanding New Orleans rapp track from the early-mid-90s. Joe Blakk is a rapp genius as well as a great guy in the community. You may notice that this song doesn't sport the New Orleans bounce sound - I think at this point Joe Blakk was really influenced by Ice Cube backed by the Bomb Squad. However, listen to the locations and local experience descriptions that he drops in his rhymes and it couldn't be any more New Orleans. This record is damn near impossible to find, but I think this song needs to live on and on in some form of replication, so here you go.

Comments

• You know what, it actually really still does have kind of a bounce sound, an implied Triggerman.

Though culled from far afield sources, the samples forge ahead together with the NOLA brass band feel.

Also, the next track on the wax is the classic "Where Ya From" which starts off with the cold Triggerman bones. I'll post that soon.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    thanks for posting that terry. now here's that hype shit that i ripped form the tape archive...