Semigood (Sk8 Rel)

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
My homies from Seattle have a furniture design company, but they're also skaters and made a pretty sick T-shirt line of famous skate spots. They're a bit pricey, but def high quality. Figured some folks around here would be interested. Check em out...Semigood T-shirts3rd and ArmyBelmontEl ToroHubba HideoutWallenbergArcoCarlsbadEmbarcaderoPier 7

Comments

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    emb and hubba were the spots.
    maybe hubba still, didn't they nub them not too long ago?

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    They should of illustarted these

Ft. Miley Banks
    The Avenues
    Mission Steps(The "3") or anything in the Mission really

OR....

Safeway double sided curb(haha)

I miss those spots

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Given all the branding and logos that's out there it's cool they did something different and used some legendary spots. Good stuff.

I wish I didn't fall every time I stepped on a skateboard. I absolutely sucked back in middle school.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    kinda cool. i never got to skate out west, but you get to know the spots after so many years.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

Safeway double sided curb(haha)

One of my favorite spots ever. I did several hundred backside tailslides there. It just worked so well at that spot. I learned kickflip bs tailslides there, bs tailslide shove-its. It was close to my house and I used to skate there a lot, even by myself. Smooth pavement and a moderate height block = fun.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I learned kickflip bs tailslides there

Damn dude, upping the ante on the West Coast. I never learned bs tailslides, but it's definitely one of the iller looking tricks.

I like the idea of those shirts, can't say that I'm in love with the illustrations, but great idea, and props to your friends for getting on it.

Who remembers 411--I think vol. 9--with the Lil' Stevie wheels where his friend says, "Where you like to skatin at ni**a?" That shit is always playing in my private mind garden.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Embarcadero will always have a place in my heart. 13 years old, first trip out west... I begged my mom to take me there just to watch cuz I was too scared to skate (plus I had no board). I sat at the top of the steps in the middle watching the locals for a while when Mike Carrol came rolling through. Dude teared it apart, doing hardflips down the small 3 stairs... this was 93 so that was pretty ill at the time. I sat there for hours in awe... he was the first pro of many that I ever saw in person. I was pretty bummed when I moved out west for college and they tore it down shortly after.

I walked past Hubba last weekend on my way to the Bart stop and it looked like the nobs had been cut off... I didn't get a close look, though so it might not be skateable. Too big for me these days anyway

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Yeah T****y, that was the spot.But funny, I was talking about safeway in sf.
    Danny Sargent and Justin Girard used to dominate that place.

But that Safeway in s.j. was a great place to do lines at and yeah, the ground was super,super smooth.

Best tricks learned there.

F/S nollie heelflip tail slide and big spin f/s nose slide.

It was always the place that We'd(or I) go film Edward,The Two Matts(),Sean, and the rest of the south,east side and l.g guys and one little japanese guy named Hideo!!!(hahahaha)

I have all this unused footage from the 411vm,Real,Powell,NHS colaborates,etc..

My buddy and and I have been working off and on this project for a bit.We are almost done, Just need to add a couple more parts and the music and we are done!!All s.j. and bay area skaters video.M**t E******e and I originaly did an s.j. video(video toaster style) and It came out so sick, but I think S*****r borrowed it and never gave it back!!!

I'll keep ya'll informed!!!

Honorable south bay mentions,

Gunderson H/S
    Abandon Kinney Shoes-Skate Park(East Side S.J R.I.P.)
    Milpitas H/S
    Fremont H/S
    The Fish Ponds (Cupertino r.i.p.)
    The Wave (Sunnyvale r.i.p)
    Silver Creek H/S
    San Tomas Park(Campbell)
    Capitol Ave(Abandon Car Delearships r.i.p.,Light Rail,etc)
    Cesar Chavez Park Ledges

Help me out T***y,I**n,J**h..I'm drawing a blank here!!

whatever happend to Rick Ibaseta?!?!?!?

Yeah.. Mike Carrol is that dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newly added.

Scurbs(s.san jose)
    5.0 banks(both d.t.s.j. and sunnyvale)

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I skated Pier 7 once. Almost lost my board to the drink. Good times.

• chaschas 45 Posts
    My buddy and and I have been working off and on this project for a bit.We are almost done, Just need to add a couple more parts and the music and we are done!!All s.j. and bay area skaters video.M**t E******e and I originaly did an s.j. video(video toaster style) and It came out so sick, but I think S*****r borrowed it and never gave it back!!!

I'll keep ya'll informed!!!

Gunderson H/S
    Milpitas H/S
    Fremont H/S
    Silver Creek H/S
    San Tomas Park(Campbell)
    Cesar Chavez Park Ledges

More info on this project please

Back in the day (I mean waaaaay back), we used to push the quarter pipes and launch ramps out to Hogue Park and have like 50 people out there on a good day. Got my first broken wrist there, in fact, trying a Japan-air or some shit.

LGHS was pretty good for a few years in the early/mid-90's, also that weird, round, flat handrail that was in the park-n-ride parking lot on San Tomas. I'm drawing a blank right now, but there was also that school up the penninsula that had those downhill hallways with little kickers in them...what the hell was that place called??? Jerry did some amazing lines there when he was like 13 or something.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

Honorable south bay mentions

Can't forget Santa Clara University... my stomping grounds for 4 years! I was pretty much the only skater that attended the school, but there was this local dude Cal who used to come by and tear it up... pissed me off cuz he was so young. I remember coming back from Thanksgiving break my junior year to find all the ledges freshly painted and capped... that pretty much ended things for me right there

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Chas!!!!

Good to see ya around homie:)

I actually have footage of you from way back when.(I'd say more towards when I was getting out of it,Go-Skate and post N.C. days)

Agreed both spots(l.g.h.s. and Santa Clara U) Esp. l.g.h.s., Spent many of summers in that parking lot

Bo Underground,hahahahaha!!!

but there was also that school up the penninsula that had those downhill hallways with little kickers in them...what the hell was that place called???

Woodside. That place was pretty fun. I recently went to some school in Belmont to take a test for a job and they had similar hallways. Peninsula schools are built on hills I guess.

Gunderson H/S
    Milpitas H/S
    Fremont H/S
    Silver Creek H/S
    San Tomas Park(Campbell)
    Cesar Chavez Park Ledges

Newly added.

Scurbs(s.san jose)

Gunderson was cool for "the pit", the smokers pit near the swimming pool. The gap near the tennis courts scared the crap out of me. It was so rocky and it was a big gap. The ledges up front were so round and worn down that it wasn't that fun to skate.

I only went to that Kinney Shoes impromptu skatepark a few times, but it was wild. For those that don't know of it, it was an abandoned Kinney's Shoe store that skaters turned into a skatepark. The parking lot was full of ramps and there were like 50-70 kids there at anytime.

Was Fremont the one with the metal ledges that they tore out after awhile?

Fish Ponds aka Fish Banks. I have a picture of me doing a wall ride on it when I was about 10 years old.

Capitol Car dealerships was one of my other favorites. I skated there daily. That was a really good spot. You'd go to the dealership next door and buy a paper cup of soda for a quarter.

Scurbs aka Alpha Beta. I spent so much time here. I played video games and bought slime (25 cents) and jelly bracelets here. I stared at the red Michael Jackson jacket that they had for sale. I remember seeing an old video of Corey O'brien skating here. I was so excited because it was the first video that had a spot that I recognized. I did a frontside railslide on the really long curb in the back and fell straight back onto my tail bone and bruised it for weeks. I was about 9 or 10 when we skated there the most and my friend who was about 16 bought Evian water from the liquor store. I thought he was completely bonkers to buy water.

Add these to the list:

Milpitas skatepark. So poorly designed, but I still loved it.

Auto Bank - around the corner from my house. So dangerous to skate into a 4 lane road with a bus lane., especially since you could only skate at night. This place was terrifying to skate at alone at night. The creek had some scary shit going on in there.

The 87 and 85 freeways. I skated the freeway while it was still wooden. Right around Gunderson you could skate the freeway overpass while it was being constructed. It had a flat bottom, a metal edge with a transition, and an angled top. It was almost like a drainage ditch. It was scary, but fun. This was probably 89 or so.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Gunderson H/S
    Milpitas H/S
    Fremont H/S
    Silver Creek H/S
    San Tomas Park(Campbell)
    Cesar Chavez Park Ledges

Newly added.

Scurbs(s.san jose)

Gunderson was cool for "the pit", the smokers pit near the swimming pool. The gap near the tennis courts scared the crap out of me. It was so rocky and it was a big gap. The ledges up front were so round and worn down that it wasn't that fun to skate.

I only went to that Kinney Shoes impromptu skatepark a few times, but it was wild. For those that don't know of it, it was an abandoned Kinney's Shoe store that skaters turned into a skatepark. The parking lot was full of ramps and there were like 50-70 kids there at anytime.

Fish Ponds aka Fish Banks. I have a picture of me doing a wall ride on it when I was about 10 years old.

Capitol Car dealerships was one of my other favorites. I skated there daily. That was a really good spot. You'd go to the dealership next door and buy a paper cup of soda for a quarter.

Scurbs aka Alpha Beta. I spent so much time here. I played video games and bought slime (25 cents) and jelly bracelets here. I stared at the red Michael Jackson jacket that they had for sale. I remember seeing an old video of Corey O'brien skating here. I was so excited because it was the first video that had a spot that I recognized. I did a frontside railslide on the really long curb in the back and fell straight back onto my tail bone and bruised it for weeks. I was about 9 or 10 when we skated there the most and my friend who was about 16 bought Evian water from the liquor store. I thought he was completely bonkers to buy water.

Add these to the list:

Milpitas skatepark. So poorly designed, but I still loved it.

Auto Bank - around the corner from my house. So dangerous to skate into a 4 lane road with a bus lane., especially since you could only skate at night. This place was terrifying to skate at alone at night. The creek had some scary shit going on in there.

The 87 and 85 freeways. I skated the freeway while it was still wooden. Right around Gunderson you could skate the freeway overpass while it was being constructed. It had a flat bottom, a metal edge with a transition, and an angled top. It was almost like a drainage ditch. It was scary, but fun. This was probably 89 or so.

Geez, you guys had it good out there.

• ageage 1,131 Posts

Yeah that was a pretty sketchy place to skate.Fun, But I always felt I was going to get hit by a car coming out of no where(no matter how late we would go skate there).

That was the place!!!William N****n ruled that place!

The post has somewhat gone off left field, But Yeah I**n, cool concept and hope he sells allot of them!!

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Mission San Jose HS was a fun spot.

Did anyone here ever skate Centenial Hall in Hayward? That spot was popular in the early 90's. All the Trust guys used to skate there a lot.

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    sorry dont mean to hijack but
    here a part from a video my friend made called HOmies. thaers some west coAST STUFF. mostly from Wisco tho. but check it out. really cool.