I Need That Record (Documentary)

BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I don't know if this has been discussed here yet but I think it's interesting. http://ineedthatrecord.blogspot.com/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OePVFP7NJrQ

Comments

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    A girl that's your friend will help ease the pain.

b/w

Losers worry about stores that cant stay open.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    looks like it might be cool.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    Ah, the cliched death rattle of the embittered independent record store owner:
    "... maybe people don't need that in their life; they need plastic, smelly, corporate, chemical-fumed land."

as opposed to vinyl, smelly, independent, musty-fumed land?

I am no fan of WalMart myself, but businesses--big and small alike--survive because of adaptability to a changing market.

If these shops worked to understand the market instead of bitching about it, they'd still be open.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Walmart survives by underpaying their staff, buying cheap imports and pricing everyone else out of the market. Hardly an ethical business model to strive to.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts

I am no fan of WalMart myself, but businesses--big and small alike--survive because of adaptability to a changing market.

If these shops worked to understand the market instead of bitching about it, they'd still be open.

Absolutely true. The record business has been changing for as long as it has been around. This aspect is no different. Stores can stay open if they change their business model, or close and go the online way (which I have).

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    A girl that's your friend will help ease the pain.

b/w

Losers worry about stores that cant stay open.

you sound young....and stupid

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    A girl that's your friend will stick a finger in your urethra

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    Walmart survives by underpaying their staff, buying cheap imports and pricing everyone else out of the market. Hardly an ethical business model to strive to.

Like I said, I am no fan of WalMart. But the record store owner specified WalMart, so I did same.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Knowledge I don't know, I think I feel this one better :

no?

;-)